Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
04 Apr 2023 11:37 #268250 by RotarySMP
Hi David,
You must have the patience of a saint to have traced through all that butchered wiring. I say from the crane videos, that you machine is also never ever leaving that house :)

As a first serious machine, I am glad my Maho was still original, ex work, and I obtained the wiring diagrams. Without them, I probably would not have suceeded.
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2023 23:21 #268297 by D Jensen
Hi Mark,
Actually the main obstacle was the shed door. Took a while to pull the aluminium jambs off the breeze blocks and then put it all back. So it's now in the shed and probably wont be me that takes it out. Also a lot of time in disassembling to suitable parts and fitting slings. No way to fit through the door with the Z side on it and only about 5mm clearance without it even with the jambs off.
A pity we picked midday on a 35 C day also. $800 for the lift and a bit over 3 hours of crane hire. Including an hour or so just setting up the crane.
The wire tracing was tedious, but the sliding the lose cable tie made it accurate. Nice to be able to take time out to fix skinned knuckles without losing place. The real time consuming part was tracing the tracks on the 3 separate PCB's for the 28A1 board. The whole 3rd board was full of complex relay logic that was obviously for some other machine when I figured that out. So guys with those boards should know that they have redundant stuff on them ex factory.
Now I recall didn't somebody talk about air slides for manoeuvring these mills? I thought of doing that, but the floor tiles have gaps. Maybe they could be filled, but the greased Formply works fine. It has a smooth facing on it. So a piece on the floor and a piece attached to the part with grease in between. My machine is 2.3 tonnes all up so the tower base and cabinets might be 2/3rds of that. I used a 2 tonne chain hoist to pull that, but it wasn't even trying. To pull the rotary table (about 400kg) across the floor I just used a snatch sling. I put that around the item and then around my butt cheeks, then simply lean back. Works well without doing injury.
It looks like there is a difference between the 1982 machines and those from 1984/ 6. Better boards and better coolant management.

David
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Green

More
05 Apr 2023 02:03 #268311 by J Green
David an Mark
I have enjoyed this addition to the "Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E" thread. I feel there is a lot of useful Maho retrofit/repair information from many of the contributors .
Personally, I hope to see more good retrofit an repair content .
Hbob
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, tommylight

More
20 Apr 2023 20:38 #269513 by mortek
Hi Mark.
Respect for your work.
You have provided selected fragments of the electrical diagram.
Could you share the complete wiring diagram?
Unfortunately, I bought the same machine without documentation and before I start disassembling the elements, I would like to read the diagram.
Thank you in advance.
Regards
Martin

More
25 Apr 2023 10:31 #269836 by J Green
Martin
Somewhere in this thread I thought Mark commented about buying schematics for his machine from DMG . He also commented something about not having a good feeling for placing a copy of his complete wiring diagram here.
There is a French web site that may have some schematics which might give you a general idea . Mark has mentioned a German web site (must register ) that could be useful .
My thought is - if you want a wiring diagram / schematic , parts list that is correct for your machines serial number ,then get it from DMG .
Where are you located ? An why no photos of your MAHO ?
Good Luck to you
Hbob

More
07 May 2023 18:55 - 07 May 2023 19:06 #270887 by mortek
Hello.
Unfortunately, I did not read the whole thread and did not read about the difficulties in obtaining a schematic.
I'm Polish.
I bought my maho MH400E machine with documentation, which I attach in full, unfortunately from another machine and I attach its photo.
So I am looking for a schematic for this model.
Sorry if I was misunderstood.
Regards
Martin

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 May 2023 19:06 by mortek.

More
01 Jan 2024 15:07 #289474 by THS-Quantum
would you share your HAL configuration files that you are running on your 400E as a reference for a beginner as me?

More
04 Jan 2024 12:45 #289772 by RotarySMP
The HAL and ini files are attached to the first couple of posts in this thread.

More
19 Mar 2024 06:10 #296288 by milutin.zaric
Hello guys,

Let me introduce myself. I am Mechanical engineer. Mechatronic and i am in CNC maintenance for 15 years. 

I have started one project with Deckel FP4A, which in design is almost the same like Maho. I bought the machine in very good mechanical condition but with defect on Dialog 4 board, so i will do the LinuxCNC retrofit. Difference is that my machine is having ATC. So i thing this will be biggest challenge for me. 

This thread is very detailed, and i think that it will help me a lot with the retrofit which i plan.

On my machine there are Siemens drives, with TAHO generators, and all this controlled with BOSCH. My plan on the beginning was to remove old drives, and install new servo drives, so i bought used Yaskawa drives and drivers, which comply by power to current Siemens. 

But i like challenges, so i will keep original configuration with Siemens drivers and glass scales. 

I will keep you posted here with pictures and my updates on machine design and progress. 

If you have any proposals i am open :) 

More
19 Mar 2024 11:20 #296309 by RotarySMP
I will respond on the Deckel thread, as it makes more sense to have all the Deckel stuff there.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds