× Forum Header

Homing Switch ignored

More
23 Nov 2009 20:16 #1177 by cpohl
Homing Switch ignored was created by cpohl
Hi everyone!

I am trying to set up EMC2 for a custom built 3 axis stepper based machine. The machine has three reference switches at the minimum end of the axis.I know that these switches are connected correctly, because when I set the role of these switches to reference/minimum, the homing sequence stops at the switch and complains that the minimum has been reached.
However, when I set the role of the switches to reference only, the homing seqence completely ignores the switches, and I have to stop manually to protect the machine. Probably I got something wrong here, but I can't think that this is the idea of a homing sequence?
The second problem is, when I manually say that the machine is now in home position (from within the AXIS Gui), it tells me that for every piece I load the maximum positions are out of reach of my machine, which is wrong. I have checked the correspondend ini files and found that it correctly set the range of the machine from the stepconf wizard.

I am using the current Ubuntu 8.04 with EMC 2.3.something. Any ideas what is going wrong here?
Best regards,
chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2009 02:09 #1179 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:Homing Switch ignored
Can you post your stepconf file somewhere? (eg filebin.com)

More
24 Nov 2009 11:42 #1184 by cpohl
Replied by cpohl on topic Re:Homing Switch ignored
Solved it... very stupid:

First problem: I assumed a wrong configuration for the parallel port pins, the switches were allocated to the wrong axis. Now it works like a charm.
Second problem: I have no idea why, but after the correct homing sequence was performed, axis has correctly applied the ranges from the stepconf wizard generated files, meaning that it now knows the correct range of the axis of the machine.

Thanks for offering help though.
Another thing I was wondering about: when the homing sequence is performed, the axis are moved very slowly towards the reference switches, goes back slowly and returnes slowly. Now, I understand why one wants the second and third steps to be slow, but why approach the switch so slowly in the first step? Maybe I just entered the wrong values in the step conf? I must say that my knowledge in cnc is negligible, I probably just got the technical terms wrong...

Best regards,
chris

More
24 Nov 2009 12:02 #1185 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Homing Switch ignored
For the first one you have something configured wrong. As Chris suggested post a link to your ini file.

For the second one if your home position and the part origin are different then when the g code is ran it would be outside of your limits. This is most likly your problem. For example if you home left rear and up for X, Y, and Z and the part has an X move that is in the negitive or a Y move that is positive or a Z move that is positive you would be outside your limits. Are you touching off of your part before you try and run?

John

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds