× Forum Header

stepconf problem

More
04 Oct 2011 22:16 #13658 by shaun100
stepconf problem was created by shaun100
I have a problem with stepconf not changing the settings in the [EMCMOT] section of the configuration .ini file. Both base_period and servo_period remain at 100000 and 1000000 respectively, and I think this is why I am unable to test my axes using stepconf because the charge pump frequency is to low at that base_period.
I have tried new configurations and modifying old ones, but the settings remain at this, default?, value. I should mention that the other sections of the ini file appear to be updated or written to properly.

I am using emc2 2.4.6 and the Ubuntu live CD with a home made controller (it works when I edit the .ini base_period myself)

Shaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2011 00:35 #13660 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:stepconf problem
I am not sure how different your tried settings were.
stepconf calculates the best periods based on latency and step timing settings.
It may be that that same base period was the calculated for all your settings.
what is your latency and step timing?

More
05 Oct 2011 16:03 - 05 Oct 2011 18:38 #13681 by shaun100
Replied by shaun100 on topic Re:stepconf problem
Thanks for your reply, I have set my latency at 7000 ns and step and direction timings at 2500 (all of them, for testing my setup) . Do I have to set my axes to run at maximum speed (mm/s) as well for it to lower the base period?

Ok, I just tested putting up the max speed in the x-axis section of the wizard and it does change the base period when it goes high enough.

It would be useful if there was a separate setting for the for the charge pump frequency, or the base period is set by the latency and step/direction periods. The base period would act to cap the max stepper mm/s and not increase as you decrease the stepper speed, so the charge pump would stay enabled at low speeds when testing the setup.

Shaun
Last edit: 05 Oct 2011 18:38 by shaun100. Reason: new inforamation

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds