× Forum Header

Home

More
23 Dec 2009 20:53 #1379 by dekell71
Home was created by dekell71
I have finally gotten my machine to a basic operation phase. I don't have any home or limit switches installed yet.

I am using the Axis interface and when I hit the "Home axis" button, the Y and Z axis will change to 0.0 but the X axis is set to 1.0.
Does anyone know where to change this to 0.0? I tried changing the HOME_OFFSET value to -1.0 in the .ini AXIS Section but that seems to confuse things more.

In STEPCONF, at the various AXIS Configurations, when I try to use the "Test This Axis" button, nothing happens because the ESTOP condition hasn't been cleared. Is there a way around that?

Lastly, all of the pages in STEPCONF are too large for my display so that only the very top of the "Cancel, Back and Forward" buttons are visible. Any way to change that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2009 21:14 #1380 by cradek
Replied by cradek on topic Re:Home

I am using the Axis interface and when I hit the "Home axis" button, the Y and Z axis will change to 0.0 but the X axis is set to 1.0.

Machine / Zero Coordinate System / G54
Machine / Zero Coordiante System / G92

You might also want to read about how the coordinate system offsets work .

More
24 Dec 2009 00:03 #1382 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:Home
Are you using the latest version of EMC ? stepconf needs 800 x 600 min resolution. on the Basic machine page you can collapse the driver timings and parport settings, expander widgets ( little triangles by those titles) Or if possible you could change your screen resolution while using stepconf.

Did you designate a estop input ? Try removing it while testing.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds