× Forum Header

Issue with Config Wizard

More
14 Feb 2010 22:08 #1905 by Monotoba
Hi,

I have noticed that the config wizard overwrites the scale factor in the ini file when this value is hand edited. I have set all my parameters correctly but have to hand edit the scale factor from 8000 to 32000 a factor of 4. Even though I have entered my lead screw pitch, steps per rev, and gearing correctly.

It becomes frustrating during setup to have these values overwritten. Would it be possible to add the scale factor as a text input box on one each axis page of the config wizard or test for a scale factor in existing files and not overwrite them?

Just a thought...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2010 11:47 #1909 by BigJohnT
You might not have your micro stepping set correctly. The scale is shown at the bottom of each axis.

John

More
16 Feb 2010 05:27 #1921 by Monotoba
Hi,

I have verified that the controller board jumpers are set for 1/4 steps. I have set the micro-step value to 4. Is this correct? If it is, then there is something else going on. I have moved jumpers on the controller board and set the micro-step value to 1 and still everything is off by a factor of four. So this must be a software configuration. I have also verified the screw pitch, and gear train by hand. So these settings are correct.

Any other ideas?

More
16 Feb 2010 06:36 #1923 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:Issue with Config Wizard
Please post your .stepconf file. it is in the emc2/configs folder.
This has been used so much that it would have to be because of a pretty obscure bug.
in the mean time you could just lie about the micro steps or motor steps per rev.

Chris M

More
16 Feb 2010 06:44 #1924 by Monotoba
Hi,

I expect it is more an issue with the user than the software. But I will post the config file tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds