× Forum Header

need Configuration for micromill 3000 - any help?

More
07 Apr 2010 13:04 #2535 by edpillinger
I have a new MicroProto system Micromill 3000 and want to use EMC2 instead of Mach3. I am having trouble getting all the xyz configuration and port pins assigned correctly. Has anyone configured one of these machines to work with EMC and can anyone supply the correct configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2010 20:54 #2536 by BigJohnT
In case no one passes by that has done that what is the exact problem?

John

More
09 Apr 2010 19:04 #2555 by edpillinger
MPS DSLS 3000 Micromill.

Thanks for taking notice of my request! I can get a fair way along the EmC configuration process but get stuck in a few places. Re basic driver info - I have a Lambda Series 1000 DK driver but cannot find the step time, step space, direction hold or direction setup details anywhere so they can be entered. I can enter most of the parallel port pin assignments but don't know which to select for Mill to PC inputs. The mill parallel port pin 10 is EMO (don't know what this stands for?), pin 11 is x , pin 12 is y in and 13 is Z in. I'm unsure what to select from the EMC drop down box for these. Pin 1 is called 'select' out in the micromill config. I apologise for being a bit of a novice. Mach 3/ MPS3000 has a config file that takes care of all the configs (Mach3mill.xml) Hope you can help, I'd really like to use EMC and get away from windows! -many thanks Ed Pillinger

More
09 Apr 2010 20:21 #2556 by BigJohnT
You might be able to gain more info by opening up the xml file to see if it has any info in it. For the timing info you can start too high and work your way back down to too low and come back up a bit from there. Take a look at the stepper drive timing page on the wiki and pick the worst driver (biggest numbers) and start with that.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Stepper_Drive_Timing

At the basic you need two pins for each axis step and direction. Change the xml file extension to txt and attach that maybe someone with some mack experience can decipher it.

John

More
09 Apr 2010 22:23 #2559 by Rick G
Do you have it up and running with Mach? If so you can find the info you want on the set up pages of Mach. If you want help on finding the info in Mach let me know.

Rick G

More
10 Apr 2010 08:31 #2560 by edpillinger
Thanks for all that - I'll give your suggestions a go!

More
10 Apr 2010 08:37 #2561 by edpillinger
Thanks for the advice. I do have mach running on an XP computer. I'll see if I can find the relevent info. I have run through all the stuff that is there when you run the programme but cannot find info on pin assignment or driver setup stepper timing etc. There is an .xml file supplied by MPS which takes care of everything automatically so you don't get to enter info manually which would be a better learning curve.

More
10 Apr 2010 11:16 #2562 by BigJohnT
Try looking in the xml file for info or copy it and change the extension to txt and attach it to a message here.

John

More
11 Apr 2010 10:43 #2571 by Rick G
Start Mach. Click on configuration. There will be tabs there for motors, spindle etc. You should find a window that shows the current settings and allows you to edit the setings.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds