× Forum Header

TB6560: "Digital out 0" vs "Amplifier Enable X"?

More
15 Jan 2013 00:13 #28686 by awes
Hi,
just started to RongFu-30 mill conversion.
Have the "Chinese Blue" card with some 270oz 3A steppers. Running a 12:30 gearing.
Only got x-axle to work so fare.

But here is my question:
Several posts in this forum suggest to map "X Enable" to "Amplifier Enable X" (etc) while I found a youtube clip where a guy map "X Enable" to "Digital Out 0" (and invert the signal).
The last setting is what I have currently and it works.

So an explanation pros&cons for the two alternative settings would be much appreciated.

Regards
Anders Westberg
Spånga
Sweden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2013 05:04 #28809 by awes
OK,
obviously nobody has an answer.

But could somebody pls point me to where in the documentation "digital out" and "amplifier enable" are described so I can read up on it myself?

Anders
Sånga
Sweden

More
19 Jan 2013 19:32 #28818 by cncbasher
digital out is used to be able to configure a charge pump to that pin , rather than just an enable function
some tb6560's do not have a charge pump circuit , so an enable is all that's required

their are at least 4 versions of these boards that I am aware of , and each one uses a different pin configuration and other options
although it would seem the blue boards are becoming more prolific

More
20 Jan 2013 04:47 - 20 Jan 2013 04:51 #28845 by awes
Thank you very much for that info!
"field testing"
Tried to change to "enable" from "digital our" and my y-axis stopped working. (in interestingly x and z did function as expected, only y stopped working)
So I would say that for my card pros/cons are obvious. Enable does NO work, Digital out does......

Anders
Last edit: 20 Jan 2013 04:51 by awes. Reason: added info

More
20 Jan 2013 19:01 - 20 Jan 2013 19:35 #28862 by cncbasher
nice to know that , it seems the Blue Boards have Chargepump style circuit so need a digital pin ,

could you post your hal & ini file and i'll see if i can document further my database of these board styles
are their any version number on the pcb that may help identify further perhaps , and or do you have a link to the documentation specific to your board available .

i'm hopfull that we can add this to stepconf as a menu option , their are quite a few forum questions popping up for these
but covering all revisions of these boards is difficult , as i have found even the supplied documentaion although sparse , also to be incorrect .
so i am trying to build up a FAQ and document these
Last edit: 20 Jan 2013 19:35 by cncbasher.

More
21 Jan 2013 01:26 #28886 by awes
Happy to share my ini and hal files as well as link to the documentation. Unfortunately I forgot to copy them before I left the garage. Will try to fix it later this week.

More
11 Feb 2013 06:38 #29877 by awes
Was going to provide my files but "Add files" doesn't work for me :-(

More
11 Feb 2013 16:38 - 15 Feb 2013 17:44 #29896 by cncbasher
Awes has kindly forwarded the files to me

for the time being if anyone requires these files , then let me know by email and i'll forward
untill such times as the forums fixed ..

file is now on the Wiki

thanks
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 17:44 by cncbasher.

More
11 Feb 2013 22:25 - 11 Feb 2013 22:27 #29907 by BigJohnT

Was going to provide my files but "Add files" doesn't work for me :-(

Add Files is broken for everyone until the forum software is brought up to current... It's above my pay grade so all I can do is whine like a little girl till it is upgraded.

John
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 22:27 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds