× Forum Header

Roland EGX 600 Stepconfigs

More
28 Feb 2013 19:03 #30673 by album.digital.ficheiros
Hellooo!!

I've been trying to config a Roland EGX-600 on pncconfig but i'm not managing to do it... Are there any configuration files i can download or can anyone help me with this?
For getting info on this model you may check at www.rolanddga.com/products/engravers/egx400/
I also added the pdf manual if it is helpfull.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2013 20:34 #30676 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Roland EGX 600 Stepconfigs

Hellooo!!

I've been trying to config a Roland EGX-600 on pncconfig but i'm not managing to do it.

That appears to be a servo machine.
Can you describe the rest of the system? What interface are you using between the engraver and the PC?

More
28 Feb 2013 22:07 #30683 by album.digital.ficheiros
I'm using the LPT port to connect to the machine if that is what you mean. I checked the machine manual but it does not have the information i need to place on pncconfig : :(

More
28 Feb 2013 23:37 #30687 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Roland EGX 600 Stepconfigs

I'm using the LPT port to connect to the machine if that is what you mean. I checked the machine manual but it does not have the information i need to place on pncconfig : :(

If you are using the LPT port then PNCConf is not the right software, that is purely for Mesa cards.

The machine can run standalone from memory cards, I am pretty sure that the port you are trying to use is only for transferring image/program data.

LinuxCNC is a machine controller. it is not a system for transferring program data to a machine controller.

It is almost certainly possible to control the machine with LinuxCNC, but you would need to remove the installed controller and connect directly to the servo motor drives.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds