× Forum Header

L297 controler and StepConf

More
17 Sep 2013 01:38 #38894 by andypugh

I tried doubling the figures for steps, run the machine again and slippering is reduced by half but still is there.

What numbers are you using for max velocity and accelleration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2013 03:07 #38897 by probamo
Replied by probamo on topic L297 controler and StepConf
It was for X & Y 70mm/s and 250mm/s2 and for Z 40mm/s and 200mm/s2

More
17 Sep 2013 03:09 #38899 by probamo
Just to add, that was speeding up motors and worked perfectly in stepconf as well as in axis. The issue is when the machine start cutting, somewhere is line let's say 12000 the slippering occured mainly in X - direction.

More
17 Sep 2013 03:14 #38900 by probamo
One more point. Jogging in each of the axis in stepconf when I played, there was motor blockage at the speed of 36mm/s??? When ran at 35 or 37 worked without problem as well as other increments down to zero or up to max speed said above.

More
17 Sep 2013 22:05 #38937 by andypugh

there was motor blockage at the speed of 36mm/s??? When ran at 35 or 37 worked without problem as well as other increments down to zero or up to max speed said above.

Possibly www.geckodrive.com/support/step-motor-ba...and-instability.html ?

More
22 Sep 2013 00:55 #39083 by probamo
This things drive me crazy !!! :evil:

I increased the numbers for steps and dirs but all the time there is slippery in X axis :evil:

Attached are screenshots from my config file as well as my ini files.

Is there any hope for me?

More
22 Sep 2013 16:37 #39104 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic L297 controler and StepConf
Some suggestions

Ref the velocity and accel figures, both are very high for a stepper machine, especially one using what are quite low power chips.
Try dropping velocity to 20 and accel to 30 and see what happens, any improvement?

A combination of long space timings, high base period and fast accel and velocity figures, can cause all sorts of problems
with software stepgens being unable to output pulses fast enough to follow the required plot.

Your ini file has BASE_PERIOD set to 100000, but your max jitter was 15K, try setting BASE_PERIOD to 50000, which should double your pulse output straight away

The other tack is to switch the drivers between the axes, so that X is using the driver for Y and vice versa.
Does the problem move to the Y axis now?
That would indicate a problem with the board.

regards

More
25 Sep 2013 01:28 #39163 by probamo
Hi Gents,

you know what? It works now :woohoo:

I did everything possible in settings, but in fact it was mechanical issue. Especially in X axis. You know I wrote somewhere there is misstepping at certain speed (~36mm/s) and actually that was reason. Though the machine run with 70mm/s in each axes and direction as a sharm. in fact the critical speed of the motor is at the lower speeds. The program that I ran was generating exact this critical speed, causing the blockage of one motor and everything was messing up.

So, what I did. In stepconf, while checking the velocity and acceleration for each of the axis, I started with 70mm/s; 250mm/s2, and then slowing down the velocity up to the 1mm/s. By this, I found at which speed I have issue with the motors, adjust motor alignment, start again to make sure no other speed are affected, and when I was totally sure that motor can pass all velocity spectrum, I ran the program again.

You know what?

I am the happiest guy in the world :laugh:

Once again, to all supporting me, thank you very much for your support and contibution.

Cheers,

More
03 Oct 2013 03:05 #39490 by probamo
I forgot to say it would be good to set L297 to the figures I set for my machine e.g. steptime 2000 instead of 500.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds