× Forum Header

StepConf Wizard Test Axis

More
07 Nov 2013 03:39 #40603 by rako
Hello,

last year I had installed EMC2 version 2.5.0 with Ubuntu 10.4 LTS. The stepper motors are running. Now I want to adjust the spindle backlash using the Test Axis for every axis.
I want to drive the spindle 5 times in the same direction. For this reason I change the default value +- in the combobox to +.
But this has no effect. The motor moves forward and back like the default settings +- in the combobox.
How can I solve this problem?

Best regards
rako

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2013 03:45 #40604 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic StepConf Wizard Test Axis
It would be easier at this point to just do a stepper test and forget the Stepconf Wizard.

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/common/Steppe...ostics.html#_testing

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: rako

More
08 Nov 2013 07:29 #40650 by somenewguy
is stepconf going to be depreciated? If not this is a bug that I noticed as well. Also kind of dangerous is the default for the travel to be set to like 12 inches or something, If you hit that go button you could be in trouble, esp if you ahve a mini mill like me. I would think default to .5 inch would be much safer. I slapped the e-stop and was fine, but I thought the arrow would jog, not actually move it the full 12 or 6 or whatever the seting is. Teh menu is not super obvoius what it is gonna do when you hit a button.

More
09 Nov 2013 03:02 #40678 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic StepConf Wizard Test Axis
No the Stepconf Wizard is not going to be depreciated. Once you get your basic config set up it's time to move on from Wizards and get to know your configuration.

Yea, the test area of +- 15 inches is a bit big... select millimeters and you get a better default of 0.5mm. I think they are backwards somehow.

JT

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds