× Forum Header

Reversing X Axis?

More
14 Jan 2016 03:14 #68342 by spinnaker
Reversing X Axis? was created by spinnaker
I am a total newbie to CNC and Linux. I was able to get everything working under Mach3 and I am considering moving to Linux CNC.

One problem I had in Mach 3 was that text was being mirrored. I was able to fix it by setting Config/Homing Limits and checking "reversed" for the X - Axis. I am having the same issue with mirrored text in Linux CNC. How can I reverse the x axis in linux CNC StepConf?

By the way I tried importing my Mach 3 configuration file and I got errors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2016 11:53 #68354 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Reversing X Axis?

I am having the same issue with mirrored text in Linux CNC. How can I reverse the x axis in linux CNC StepConf?

In step-conf you can do this by inverting the DIR pin of the axis in the parport setup.
Or you can set a negative scale by making one of the numbers in the scale setup negative.

You may also need to make the home velocities negative.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spinnaker

More
14 Jan 2016 16:24 #68388 by spinnaker
Replied by spinnaker on topic Reversing X Axis?

I am having the same issue with mirrored text in Linux CNC. How can I reverse the x axis in linux CNC StepConf?

In step-conf you can do this by inverting the DIR pin of the axis in the parport setup.
Or you can set a negative scale by making one of the numbers in the scale setup negative.

You may also need to make the home velocities negative.

Thanks Andy. I did see how to invert the dir pin. I do not think that is the answer since there is a similar setting in mach3 that did not work.

I am at work right now and can't get in front of my pc. Perhaps it is obvious but in case not and since I am a newb, could you please expand on the negative velocity suggestion?

More
14 Jan 2016 16:27 #68389 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Reversing X Axis?
Homing velocities only matter if you have configured homing. But if you have then some of the numbers may need to change sign.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds