× Forum Header

5 axis Breakout Board Question

More
19 Mar 2016 13:59 #71895 by cthomas467
So I just picked up a new 5 axis breakout board and I'm in need of help. What I'm trying to find out is the pinout for linux cnc for the db25 connector for the stepper config. The board is on of these www.ebay.com/itm/US-Ship-5-Axis-MACH3-CN...9:g:d6AAAOSw3ydVmzqq All the manufacture included is a lousy set of direction for mach3. I am a newbie at cnc's so any help would be great.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2016 22:19 #71954 by eFalegname
The Mach3 configuration for your board is safely on LinuxCNC

More
21 Mar 2016 09:07 #71969 by cncbasher
just connect the same as per mach , then run stepconf to create your hal configuration files , it's a straightforward board to work with , email me if your stuck , i have a template setup for this board . if you still need it

More
28 May 2016 22:50 #75205 by HBM
Replied by HBM on topic 5 axis Breakout Board Question
I have the same board, and have a couple of questions also.

What is the USB used for?

I have the board hooked up, but using the axis configs, it never responds the same twice to the manual jog. I spliced a male-male USB, but can't rule out that may be a problem.

If I open and close LinuxCNC, the motors will respond differently again. Sometimes they run in one direction, sometimes both, sometimes not at all. Sometimes they make several steps and then just whine...

More
20 Aug 2016 00:17 #79108 by stychokiller
On the breakout board that I have, the USB port is only used to power the breakout board chips.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds