× Forum Header

wiring schematic for G0704 with C41 and C10, in case anyone else needs this.

More
06 May 2017 02:00 #92725 by fmfchop
So I compiled some drawings into one form as well as confirmed some of the wiring with some others who have this setup already.

Anyhow, here's where things go. (This is probably not very useful for most, but if I had found something like this a few weeks ago it would have saved me a WORLD of hassle.)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2017 04:52 #92726 by fmfchop
And one for home switches and e-stop.

I need to learn more about the soft limits that linux has.

Do you guys definitely recommend running a - and + limit switch on each end of the 3 axis?

Or just a home switch? (Obviously these can double as - limits or + limits if needed, quite easily.)
Attachments:

More
06 May 2017 12:06 #92741 by Todd Zuercher
There are lots of options for setting up home and or limit switches with LinuxCNC. Your best option will depend on how many free inputs you have. It is possible to set up Linuxcnc to use as many as 9 inputs for a 3 axis machine (independent inputs for everything, or as few as 1 while still take advantage of home and +/- hard limits on all axis, and any combination of numbers in between. The fewer inputs that are used the more compromises you will have to live with.

Probably the combination with the most bang for the buck is the one you've chosen with a single input for each axis. You can arrange it using a single switch with a trigger points at each end of travel or two separate switches wired in series. Personally I prefer to configure with hard limits using one side as the home rather than just a home and relying on soft limits. The main advantage to having a separate input for each axis is the ability to home all the axis simultaneously.

More
09 May 2017 00:13 #92892 by andypugh
P1 is _NOT_ GND. On the KBIC the potentiometer floats around +100 volts.

I just feel that this needs to be made super-clear. Failure to note this can result in sparks, curiously-scented smokes and empty wallets.

More
09 May 2017 00:20 #92893 by fmfchop
I didn't imply that P1 is a ground.

But it does wire to the ground of the "analog" portion of the C41 board....And the 0-10V on the analog portion of the C41 wires to P2.

You can verify it for yourself if you'd like...

cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C41R2%20and%20KB120%20V1.pdf

More
09 May 2017 00:30 #92896 by andypugh

I didn't imply that P1 is a ground.
But it does wire to the ground of the "analog" portion of the C41 board.

It's not a GND, it's a 0V reference.

(It might well be labelled GND, if it is a true GND, then that's bad.)

I don't want to appear to be coming over too pedantic, but I _very_ nearly had an expensive experience with my own KBIC years ago.

More
09 May 2017 00:43 #92899 by fmfchop
Understood....But the C41's nomenclature for pinouts doesn't imply that the P1 on the KBIC120 IS a ground is what I am saying. I simply pulled this info directly from CNC4PC's website....And titled the pins as they have done, otherwise it would be confusing.

They could have just as easily called the 0-10v and GND pinouts for the Analog Output "Steve and Beverly". The P1 pin on the KBIC is still connected to an associated pin on the C41.

More
09 May 2017 00:43 #92900 by fmfchop
Then again, it would also be smart for people to read the user manual for the KBIC120 BEFORE wiring things to it. ;)

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds