× Forum Header

need help setting up, and troubleshooting config for a 48" X 48" X 5" router

More
17 Jun 2017 19:34 #94654 by travis036
i am fairly new to CNC, so please be gentile on me ;)

ok, i bought a Techno/Isel CNC router a while back, it is about 48" X 48" X 5" working area. all the components i have bought off eBay to get it operational again.

my stepper drivers are HY-DIV268N-5A, i don't have the stepper info on me at the time, but i can get it if needed.

now, i am not sure how to setup LinuxCNC for my hardware. i couldn't find any timing info for my stepper drivers, so if somebody knows the values i would be most grateful.
Here are the symptoms:
all axis will move fine when jogging with the test controls in StepConf Wizard, though the negative jog is a little more noisy than the positing movement. when i jog with LinuxCNC, it works the first time on all axis, but when i cycle back through, all axis make a lot of noise with no movement. also, when i set "Machine off", the steppers all buzz.

thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Travis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2017 20:50 #94655 by BigJohnT
Here is a stepper driver timing page from the wiki.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Stepper_Drive_Timing

What values do you have now for step and direction timing?

JT

More
17 Jun 2017 20:57 #94656 by travis036
i am not at my machine right now, but the last driver setting i tried was for the Hobbycnc preset. i was trying to find one that would work for a base value to figure it out from.

~Travis

More
17 Jun 2017 21:01 #94657 by BigJohnT
Really you can't just guess at the numbers... there must be some info somewhere on the drive about timings. Start with the chinese blue board timings from the link I gave you.

JT

More
17 Jun 2017 21:07 #94658 by travis036
ok, thanks, i will do just that. I have searched google, and all i could find is the connection diagrams. failing that, i may have to open one up and see what driver chip it uses, and find a datasheet for it.

~Travis

More
17 Jun 2017 21:12 #94659 by BigJohnT
The driver chip is only a part of the equation, other parts like optos may require longer times than the chip itself.

JT

More
17 Jun 2017 21:25 #94660 by travis036
as soon as i finish my cup of coffee, i will try the Chinese blue board settings.

i don't suppose there is anybody in Maine, USA that could do a house call? ;)

~Travis

More
17 Jun 2017 21:38 #94661 by BigJohnT
I'm in Missouri but a riding buddy made it to New York a few years back does that help?

JT

More
17 Jun 2017 22:09 #94664 by travis036
not much, but thanks ;)

ok, here are my findings of the settings, and such.
the steppers run smoothest at the setting for L298 preset, not so much at the blue board settings.
more importantly, i noticed the noise was actually the steppers stalling. admittedly, i do have to clean and lube the machine, but i suspect that is just the sign pointing to the real problem. i don't think my cheap Chinese drivers are supplying the 5A that the seller stated they would produce, so my steppers don't have the get-up, n go to get over the small bumps of debris. i suspected that may be the case, but i had hopes that it would work anyway.

I have ordered, and i am currently waiting for the recommend slide and screw grease to arrive from amazon (no local suppler). when it arrives, i will completely clean and lube the machine, and see if it still stalls. i have dosed the machine with WD40 when i got it to prevent rust, but that is it so far.

~Travis

More
17 Jun 2017 22:36 #94665 by BigJohnT
You might lower your acceleration if your not using a high voltage. What voltage is your drive running on?

JT

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds