× Forum Header

Machine movement is half of control movement

More
26 Oct 2017 23:57 #100869 by footpetaljones
I am setting up my EMCO F1 with KL-5056 drivers, a C10 BoB, and 425 oz in motors. I am currently having an issue with the machine where the machine's actual movement will be roughly half of the movement LinuxCNC thinks it went. This problem exists on all three axes. I have checked the microstepping switches on the drivers and they are all set to 0. Could this be an issue with the step time/direction settings? I attempted to contact Automation Technologies for updated information but their response boiled down to "Use Mach3".

I have uploaded the INI file to pastebin here

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2017 03:18 #100871 by PCW
Drive micro stepping should be set to 2

The KL-5056 cannot do full steps ( driver microstepping of 1 )
but you have told stepconf that it does
The following user(s) said Thank You: footpetaljones

More
27 Oct 2017 03:42 #100872 by Todd Zuercher
I'm not so sure those drives can be set to full step. The manual says that there are 15 resolution settings and Dip switch chart shows 15 microstep options 2-125 (1x is not shown as a valid option). So you probably have to set the microstepping to 2, and would explain why you are only getting half the movement you think you should (since the drives are half stepping.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: footpetaljones

More
28 Oct 2017 03:14 #100908 by footpetaljones
You were both correct, setting the drives to half steps solved the issue. I had been looking at the driver manual and assuming that full steps were the default.

Thank you very much.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds