× Forum Header

Setting up a gantry with 4 joints and 3 axes

More
26 Mar 2018 01:42 #107874 by DanMN
Home All doesn't work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2018 01:52 #107875 by Abe
Ah, so that's what actually links the joints! Yes, counterintuitive for sure. I think my INI (attached) now conforms to these suggestions, and I'm getting the error message I mentioned in my last post, along with there being no option to home the Y axis in Machine>Homing.

Thanks,
Abe
Attachments:

More
26 Mar 2018 01:53 #107876 by DanMN
Are you using Axis? Do you not see a Home All button?

More
26 Mar 2018 02:02 #107877 by DanMN
Just noticed, you don't have any entry under TRAJ for homing.

I have:

NO_FORCE_HOMING = 1

See if that has any effect. I'm not clear how it might affect the homing sequence in your case, but that's the way mine is configured. That allows me to jog the Z and X axes before the gantry is squared -- which is helpful if a joint ends up on a limit switch during configuration fiddling (which is your future, soon) ;)

More
26 Mar 2018 02:08 #107878 by Abe
Yes, home all does get the gantry moving! There's some issue with my homing switches not being heard, but I will see about sorting that out.

Thanks so much!

More
26 Mar 2018 02:11 #107879 by Abe
Sorry, I've posted a reply without seeing your latest post a couple of times. I'll try the force homing thing, too, and let you know what happens.

More
26 Mar 2018 03:15 #107886 by rodw

Thanks, Todd. I set HOME_SEQUENCE = -2 on joints 1 and 3 in the INI file, and now when I try to jog the Y axis it says "Homing is REQUIRED to jog requested coordinate because joint (1) in home_sequence is negative (-2)". There is still no option to home the Y axis in the Machine>Homing menu.

Thanks,
Abe

Abe, this is expected. You need to home all and after that you'll be able to jog your Y axis.

This is because now the joints (eg motors) are now independent from the Axes and homing is at a joint level. You can't jog a joint on a gantry on its own as it will rack the gantry. Once everything is homed, it knows about the way your hardware is configured so it can jog.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds