× Forum Header

Homing

More
20 Jul 2010 04:07 #3423 by Buildernate
Homing was created by Buildernate
I have completed my 3 axis machine ( 8 X 12 FT! thank you very much) but i am having issues with the z axis homing. i have all the limit switches inplace and properly pinned but when i ask emc to home this axis, the axis does not even come into contact witht he homing switch! i ask it to home it again and the problem becomes exponential. for some reason this axis will not home to the switches provided and yet homes itself to a random dimension that makes no sense. any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2010 15:22 #3428 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Re:Homing
First: is you home switch polarity correct? This is easily checked with halmeter

Second, if polarity is correct, noise pickup by the limit switch wires (which is likely on so large a machine) might cause random homing behavior
You might need some filtering on the limit switch wires (a small capacitor say .01 uF across the limit switch may do)

More
20 Jul 2010 15:44 #3429 by Buildernate
Replied by Buildernate on topic Re:Homing
Thanks ill check on the wiring, Now im having issues with the software! is there any kind of tutorials for the emc software? besides the users manual.

More
20 Jul 2010 18:01 #3430 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Re:Homing
Have you looked at the Getting Started Guide:
www.linuxcnc.org/content/view/5/5/lang,en/

More
21 Jul 2010 11:43 #3442 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Homing
PCW wrote:

You might need some filtering on the limit switch wires (a small capacitor say .01 uF across the limit switch may do)

I second this suggestion of the source of the problem, but it might be easier to address it in software. There is a "debounce" function in HAL which is emminently suited to this usage.

You can see how it is used in this HAL file, though it also contains a bunch of other stuff of no real interest. Just look at the lines with 'debounce' in them to see how it is used.

www.bodgesoc.org/lathe/Lathe.hal

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds