× Forum Header

Wiring limit/home switches with e-stop together

More
18 Jul 2018 16:24 #114478 by acitelin
Hello ,
if it is in the wrong suforum delet it.

Is it possible to wire estop to the same input pin with all of the limit switches. My guess is that I wont be able to home the machine. Is there maybe a workaround. All switches and estop would be NC. I am trying to save some input pins for other things like a probe and encoders.
Best regards, David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 01:43 #114507 by bevins

Hello ,
if it is in the wrong suforum delet it.

Is it possible to wire estop to the same input pin with all of the limit switches. My guess is that I wont be able to home the machine. Is there maybe a workaround. All switches and estop would be NC. I am trying to save some input pins for other things like a probe and encoders.
Best regards, David

In short you can do that but...... If you run into the limit, you wont be able to jog off with override. You would have to manually move the axis off the limit.

More
19 Jul 2018 16:18 #114530 by acitelin
I am not sure that I understand. I would be forced to jump out of the program and manualy jog off the switch? Also if the program runs out of travel arent you going to do the same thing?

Thanks for the reply :)

More
19 Jul 2018 23:10 #114540 by rodw
In normal operation if you hit a limit switch, You can turn on "Ignore Limits" and jog off the limit. In your case, you will also have an estop condition so you will be unable to do this. So you will need to be able to manually move the machine away from the limit. This, means you'd probably have to close lInuxcnc unless you can disable your motors to drop their holding torque.

More
20 Jul 2018 04:48 #114562 by acitelin
Aha didn't knew his part. So if I turned off the machine I could turn the shaft by hand end move it from the limit switch. A bit tedious... Still it's not like you run out of limits every day. Will have to decide.
Thank you very much rodw

More
24 Jun 2023 09:30 #274167 by masawee
normal cheap BOB cards what not have many input, only E-stop,3 limit,probe, but have less pin input, normal wiring have all limit AND E-stop come same input pin, then if run to limit cnc stop totally because have big error if run to limit SW run out of linear rails if go more, limits SW have emergency stop too. home SW have different run linear rail shorten than limit, and can do spindle alltime go to home.home SW wiring normal all own input. but limit wiring same pin than e-stop normal ewery machine. maybe if have ower expensive mesa card and lot more input pin can all SW wiring own input pin. but normal BOB paraller port card not have many input and need all make together.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds