× Forum Header

Dmm-Tech Servo Setup Info.

More
29 Feb 2020 18:51 #158834 by billyjack
I am in the process of upgrading my home built router with new (to me) DMM-Tech Dyn2 Drives with 92M-DHT-72 .75KW AC Servo motors. I'm also starting this adventure with a change to Linuxcnc. As a background, I currentlyI have PathPilot installed on my Novakon but the change did not offer much of an education into the software. But I love the system.
That said, I need a bit of guidance on the Pnccconf hal and ini setup for this particular combination of drives. Has anyone set up this combination before and if so, can you please share your ini and hal files with me???? I would really appreciate it and will use to not just to get up and running but as a learning tool for this software.
Many thanks.
Bill in Spartanburg SC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 15:15 #158980 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic Dmm-Tech Servo Setup Info.
Hi welcome
what mesa Cards do you got to controll
i guess a 7i77

and why pathpilot
the new Master 2.9 of Linuxcnc gives you so many options for servos
as well as individuell looking Interfaces like your real mashine has

More
02 Mar 2020 20:22 #159020 by tommylight
What type of control signal do those drives take ?
Step/dir or +-10V ? Or both.
If step/dir, you could make them work even with a parallel port, or spring for a Mesa 7i96 or 7i76E, both ethernet. Or a combination of 5i25 or 6i25 or 7i92 with a 7i76.
In case of +-10V, the 7i77 with one of the following : 5i25 or 6i25 or 7i92.
In any case, if you decide for 7i92 get the M version as it plugs directly to the 7i77 or 7i76.
I would always preffer the 7i77 version if possible as you can close the loop in Linuxcnc.
As for education, you can install the uspace version of Linuxcnc on many Linux distros and use the Sim or simulator, that has all the functionality of Linuxcnc without any machine hardware attached.

More
04 Mar 2020 15:41 #159198 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Dmm-Tech Servo Setup Info.
Can you use Dyn4 drives instead? The Dyn2 (at least in analogue control mode) have the unfortunate characteristic of running at full speed if the analogue input is disconnected.

More
04 Mar 2020 20:40 #159217 by tommylight

Can you use Dyn4 drives instead? The Dyn2 (at least in analogue control mode) have the unfortunate characteristic of running at full speed if the analogue input is disconnected.

That ought to count for some wierd noises ..... and broken stuff ! :)

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds