× Forum Header

Looking for someone to troubleshoot realtime in discord

More
11 Sep 2020 21:01 #181795 by UntitledDocument
Thank you,

I can't do a quick test because my jumper wires are too fat. I ordered an adapter cable (db25 to idc26). I won't need the gender change, but I fully support that kind of thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2020 21:19 #181796 by tommylight

I won't need the gender change, but I fully support that kind of thing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
12 Sep 2020 07:46 #181840 by phillc54

I won't need the gender change, but I fully support that kind of thing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

+1

More
12 Sep 2020 09:58 #181862 by BeagleBrainz
I identify as an Attack Helicopter, and my preferred pronouns are "ARGHHH DEATH FROM ABOVE" & "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE"

More
12 Sep 2020 21:02 #181931 by tommylight
Nice one, how often do you use it ? :)

More
12 Sep 2020 22:27 #181940 by BeagleBrainz
Judging by the death and destruction....... not as often as I should

More
07 Oct 2020 20:56 #185303 by UntitledDocument

Can you open the pc and check if there is a 26 pin header there, that would only require a simple cable with a DB25 connector.

Thank you.
My cable is here and I now have a running 4 axis machine. I took the DB25 pci card out, connected the 26pin-to-DB25 adapter and it just worked without any issues. I know I looked for a DB25 input on the side of the motherboard before I started this project, but I hadn't thought there would be something comparable on the top of the motherboard.

So now what I've achieved, and have new knowledge of, can be summed up quickly:

Try to find a 26 pin header on the motherboard if there is no DB25 port. That header can be turned into a standard DB25 port with an adapter cable. It's cheaper and more likely to work as opposed to something like a DB25 PCI card.
(I can't fact check the "more likely to work part", but it seems reasonable to assume since it's already built in, but maybe you guys can comment on that)

That would be advice to someone when initially choosing their hardware, but also for people like me.
I don't know how much longer or difficult it would have been if we had to tackle software issues, hence the plea for discord.
Unfortunately that will left for the next guy.
Let me know what you guys think before I post a new thread for this information.
Thanks again.
I will buy you a coffee when i'm in Kosovo, tommylight. I just have to wait until the pandemic is over, and I can afford a trip... and coffee...

More
07 Oct 2020 22:59 #185310 by tommylight

Try to find a 26 pin header on the motherboard if there is no DB25 port. That header can be turned into a standard DB25 port with an adapter cable. It's cheaper and more likely to work as opposed to something like a DB25 PCI card.
(I can't fact check the "more likely to work part", but it seems reasonable to assume since it's already built in, but maybe you guys can comment on that)

Built in parallel ports always work for machine control, rarely they might not have built in pull up resistors on the inputs.

I will buy you a coffee when i'm in Kosovo, tommylight. I just have to wait until the pandemic is over, and I can afford a trip... and coffee...

Coffee is on me, always.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds