× Forum Header

Old config not working on 10.04

More
25 Sep 2010 08:57 #4332 by 2e0poz
Hi all after a long stretch getting my new machine up and running i have hit another wall. Here is the config of my HAL for the pin setup from 8.04. It may look strange but it was the only way i could get my 5 axis chinese board to work and it was fine.

net ystep => parport.0.pin-01-out
setp parport.0.pin-01-out-reset 1
net xstep => parport.0.pin-02-out
setp parport.0.pin-02-out-reset 1
net zstep => parport.0.pin-03-out
setp parport.0.pin-03-out-reset 1
net ydir => parport.0.pin-04-out
net xstep => parport.0.pin-05-out
setp parport.0.pin-05-out-reset 1
net zdir => parport.0.pin-07-out
setp parport.0.pin-08-out-invert 1
net xdir => parport.0.pin-08-out
net xdir => parport.0.pin-14-out
net spindle-on => parport.0.pin-16-out
net estop-out => parport.0.pin-17-out

I have two axis configured for the X axis. If i use this config now (machine is same setup as the old one) the two motors work fine in one direction (forward) but only one motor turns going back? I've tried swapping the config for the step/ direction around on the second motor but just does not make sense?

Any ideas Please?

Thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2010 17:56 #4334 by Rick G
Hello,

Have you looked in the Hal Configuration show/watch area to see what is going on with the pins?

Although It looks like it should work the way it is ...

Perhaps you could try putting both parallel port pins for the xdir on the same line, same for xstep pins.

Rick G

More
25 Sep 2010 20:53 #4339 by 2e0poz
Rick

After some head scratching and a break to make a new leadscrew nut i managed to sort it out. It looks like the problem i used to see where i had to specify the second X axis motor with an extra 'step' in the setup can now safely be what it should be 'Direction'. I never new why it worked that way before but it did for what ever reason. I am now up and away peck drilling holes in my Corian bed :cheer:

Thanks all for helping

More
26 Sep 2010 10:35 #4345 by Rick G
Paul,

Glad to hear you are up and running. Do you want to post the section of the file with the change?

Rick G

More
26 Sep 2010 20:37 #4356 by 2e0poz
Will do when next out in the garage along with the other settings i found work. It should help others who have problems with these boards.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds