× Forum Header

Enabling StarTech PEXIP2 Parallel Port Card (AX99100)

More
28 Jun 2022 22:01 #246111 by andypugh

Thanks again for the help.

I have attached the .hal file. For reference, I have tried the following individual lines to load the LinuXCNC parport driver.
1) with only the PEXIP2 card in place
loadrt hal_parport cfg="0xd800 out"

(And so on) 

What is your reason for thinking that none of those lines works? 

(it's just that I don't think you have said what test you are doing) 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2022 01:39 - 08 Jul 2022 01:41 #246851 by longtimer
Thanks for the response. I hadn't seen it come in.

The testing I am doing is just trying to air cut the LinuxCNC logo. I got annoyed fighting with lack of progress and borrowed an old motherboard that has an LPT header on it. I was able to use this but since it is a loaner, I won't be able to use it for long.

What I found is that I could control the milling machine with this motherboard when I used the default Sherline mm based control. However, when I tried to generate the .hal file, and use it, that didn't work. I looked a bit for where the default .hal file is to see the difference but could not identify it. As a result, I am not sure if the problem with the card is because .hal file generation is not working for that card or if the card just cannot work.

At the same time, I tried to get assistance from StarTech support but they indicated the distribution was too "custom" to allow the build to succeed though they could not tell me what the differences were that might prevent the driver from building.

So, as a result, I am still not able to use my StarTech card or confirm if the built in LinuxCNC driver could actually work.
Last edit: 08 Jul 2022 01:41 by longtimer.

More
08 Jul 2022 11:15 #246856 by tommylight
When creating the new config, do not check "create simulated something".
That creates a simulated config that has no access to hardware.
Not sure what the exact name is, no PC near me.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds