× Forum Header

Running a SIM configuration

More
06 Jul 2022 13:33 - 06 Jul 2022 13:37 #246713 by Elco
I have setup a small system (Biostar A68N 2100) to test some new hardware. Upgraded to Debian (4.19.249-2) and got the LinuxCNC test version from the Synaptic Package Mgr.  I copied the config of my current working system (runs on an 2 Core intel), and got "unexpected realtime delay on task0 with period 65000". No problem as he Biostar is a slower system, but running the StepConf Wizard does not allow me to increase the period in the setup procedure.  I can change the value in the ini file, but the next StepConf run shows the old value...
Do I need to invent a complete new configuration to get a larger period accepted?

Thanks, Elco

Edit: I also noticed that none of the SIM configurations are runnable, but will reinstall everything to check this.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2022 13:37 by Elco. Reason: Forgot the footnote

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2022 13:40 #246715 by tommylight
You can edit the .ini file in the configuration folder and set the base period to say 100000, save, start LinuxCNC.

More
06 Jul 2022 13:56 #246718 by Elco
Replied by Elco on topic Running a SIM configuration
That works, until you run stepconfig again.

Elco

More
12 Jul 2022 11:57 #247131 by andypugh

That works, until you run stepconfig again.

View Stepconf as a way to get a basic configuration set up. At some point it become more of a hindrance than a help, and you can tune directly in the config files. 
The HAL and INI are designed to be hand-editable, in fact early in in the history of LinuxCNC there was no other way. 

More
12 Jul 2022 12:49 #247133 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Running a SIM configuration
Stepconf calculates the base period, i beleive from the jitter and max velocity settings.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds