× Forum Header

How to add 5 axis to foam cutting machine?

More
14 Nov 2022 20:53 #256725 by slidinghawk
Please do not judge strictly. I am new to linuxCNC.
I have a foam cutting machine. I used mach3 now I want to switch to LinuxCNC. Machine kinematics XYUV + rotary axis A in the table. How to add A-axis control. Possible without graphic display.I wanted to set up the ini and hal file, but nothing happened to me. Help who can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2022 22:48 #256737 by tommylight
Upload the hal and ini files here so we can have a look please.

More
15 Nov 2022 05:14 #256753 by slidinghawk
That's how I did it. Does not work
Attachments:

More
15 Nov 2022 11:59 #256766 by rodw

More
15 Nov 2022 18:05 - 15 Nov 2022 18:13 #256790 by Aciera
Not sure if custom kinematics is really what is needed here. As far as I understand he just wants to add a rotary A axis to the foam XY+UV configuration which seems to be using regular trivkins.
I'm not familiar with the foam configuration setup, can you maybe elaborate on what is not working? Just the added A-axis or what else?

edit:
Not sure about this but your joint numbering looks a bit wonky to me, I think that if you define:KINEMATICS = trivkins coordinates=XYUVA

you would want X to be joint0, Y - joint1, U - joint2, V - joint3 and A - joint 4

Also if you are getting any errors at startup you should post those as well.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2022 18:13 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slidinghawk

More
17 Nov 2022 07:01 #256918 by slidinghawk

Сообщение Aciera = 256790 userid = 25994Не уверен, что здесь действительно нужна пользовательская кинематика. Насколько я понимаю, он просто хочет добавить поворотную ось А к ​​пенопластовой конфигурации XY+UV, которая, кажется, использует обычные тривкины.
Я не знаком с настройкой конфигурации пены, не могли бы вы уточнить, что не работает? Просто добавили ось А или что еще?

редактировать:
не уверен в этом, но ваша нумерация суставов выглядит для меня немного шаткой, я думаю, что если вы определите: KINEMATICS = координаты trivkins = XYUVA

, вы бы хотели, чтобы X был совместным0, Y - совместным1, U - совместным2, V - совместным3 и A - соединение 4

Также, если вы получаете какие-либо ошибки при запуске, вы также должны опубликовать их.

Thanks, I already figured out how to do it.
So it worked for me, I just can't figure out how to make the C axis circular. It turned out only when it is linear.
Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2022 07:12 #256920 by slidinghawk
The machine looks like this. Forgive me for not a photo, but a picture of a project.
Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2022 07:32 #256921 by Aciera
It's still not clear to me what exactly isn't working for you.
So if you define JOINT_4 (C_AXIS) as ANGULAR you cannot use the C-axis?

I have tried to define X,Y and Z as ANGULAR before for a robot and it didn't seem to make any difference at all.

More
17 Nov 2022 08:55 #256924 by slidinghawk
When the c-axis is angular, it gives limit errors. I tried to enter different values in hal it didn't fix the error.

More
17 Nov 2022 10:16 #256926 by aleksamc
I think this topic will be also helpfull to you ( hot wire change speed ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: slidinghawk

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds