× Forum Header

Limit switches setup for Tandem axis by StepConfig

More
22 Dec 2022 10:28 #260068 by Elco
The test configuration I am using has a dual motor X-axis, with two limit switches per motor. The two limit switches per motor are connected in parallel. I use two parallel ports. In the StepConfigWizard I have entered de X homes: Home-X and Home Tandem X, these correctly show up in the hal file as net home-X and net home-X2.

For the limit switches I entered 'Both Limit X' and 'Both limit Tandem X'. Here something goes wrong: 'Net both X' is created and in the hal file connected to the min and max limit switches. But 'Both Limit Tandem X' results in a 'net both-X1' , which is not used anywhere.

Did I miss something in specifying the Tandem setup?
hal and stepconf files attached.

Thanks, Elco
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2022 13:30 #260077 by tommylight
If both switches of one side of the gantry are paralleled, the above is not correct, choose "both limits +home".

More
22 Dec 2022 15:34 #260083 by Elco
I see. There are separate (from the limit switches) home switches for both sides of the gantry though. So in total 3 switches per side, home + limit low + limit high, latter two are parallel for now).

Maybe I was wrong assuming that 'both limits + home" means that there is no separate home switch. So the correct way for this configuration would be to specify for the gantry, for each side, one input for home and one input for 'both limits + home'?

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds