× Forum Header

AXIS doesn't work

More
10 Aug 2023 20:32 #277571 by Crenos
AXIS doesn't work was created by Crenos
Hi, I find solutions to problems on a daily basis but I think I've hit a wall that's why I'm writing my post here.
I have a noname cnc machine and it works fine with windows and winpc-nc light. However, this version only supports flat files, it does not read 3d files. So I decided to find a solution to this problem. I installed elstcam but unfortunately there was a configuration problem and I decided that it would be easier to install linuxcnc and solve the problem with flat files. The device itself can do such things because I ran the winpc-nc application in the economy demo version and it was able to open a 3d file and handle y-axis paths that had a decreasing height.
Now for some technicalities:
the computer on which linuxcnc is installed is a Dell Optiplex 755,
cnc controller is connected via LPT port
The controller driver is A3977SEDT
The stepper motors are SM57HT76-2804A

Installed the latest version of linuxcnc correctly, started the stepconf setup. Based on the Datasheet, I will complete the information about the signal times for the driver, I have correctly set the LPT port address, pins for the LTP port in accordance with what was in the winpc-nc application and all speeds and steps. Then I click engine test and no reaction. Only "hear" as if some "contactor" click in the stepper motor and that's it.
I have a strange impression that there is something "extra" that causes winpc-nc to work after installation without any super configuration (of course I have to parameterize the device) and other applications simply do not work.

PLZ HELP :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2023 00:13 #277582 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic AXIS doesn't work
First question. Do the motors have holding torque?
If not, at a guess the drives have the enable signal set high. This disables the motors.
Normally I would recommend to remove any wires attached to the enable terminals but you may not be able to do that.

More
11 Aug 2023 05:15 #277600 by Crenos
Replied by Crenos on topic AXIS doesn't work
Is this information somewhere in the logs? Or are there any logs stored somewhere that will help me identify the problem?

More
11 Aug 2023 06:49 #277605 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic AXIS doesn't work

Do the motors have holding torque?

This means whether you can turn the motor shafts by hand or not. If you can turn the motor by hand then it is likely that the drives are not enabled if you cannot turn the motor then the drive is enabled but there is a problem with the stepping signal.

More
11 Aug 2023 08:07 #277611 by Crenos
Replied by Crenos on topic AXIS doesn't work
i can move the hand os of the stepper motor while testing

More
11 Aug 2023 08:50 #277618 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic AXIS doesn't work
If you can move the motors by hand while testing then your drivers are likely not enabled.
A3977SEDT seems to be driver chip used on the board which only give us very limited information on the actual hardware you use. Do you have any information about what signals your particular board expects?

More
11 Aug 2023 09:48 #277626 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic AXIS doesn't work
Remove the connection to pin 26 so there is no voltage on it (the enable pin)

More
16 Mar 2024 08:13 #296030 by cncjerry
Replied by cncjerry on topic AXIS doesn't work
could have his enable inverted.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds