× Forum Header

Is there an .ini file for G540?

More
26 Mar 2011 21:56 #8130 by dmauch
I loaded the ubuntu live and see that there a re many configuration files and several for other Gecko products. Is there one for the G540 somewhere?
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2011 22:27 - 26 Mar 2011 22:29 #8131 by BigJohnT
The Step Config Wiz can generate a config for the G540. Just make sure your pin outs match the G540. I've not seen any configs for any Gecko products as most are just step and direction drives that are pretty simple.

John
Last edit: 26 Mar 2011 22:29 by BigJohnT.

More
27 Mar 2011 17:52 #8166 by dmauch
I created a G540 config file with the step comnfig wizard. I know I have the correct pins assigned. I see two problems. One the charge pump isn't putting out a signal and the other problem is that when I look at the ini file I don't see the configs for the various inputs and output pins.
I am using the Live version.
last should I be able to run the motors from the live version or do I have to install emc2 on a hard drive.?

More
27 Mar 2011 23:07 #8175 by BigJohnT
You might be able to run motors from the Stepconf Wizard but you won't be able to save anything...

John

More
28 Mar 2011 11:30 #8191 by andypugh
dmauch wrote:

when I look at the ini file I don't see the configs for the various inputs and output pins.

That info is encoded in the HAL file rather than the INI file.

As for the charge pump, have a look in the HAL file and make sure that the charge-pump HAL function is loaded (loadrt), running (addf) and linked to the right parallel port pin (net). I seem to recall that some versiond of stepconf only do half the job.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds