Arduino I/O with Linuxcnc

More
26 Aug 2012 11:08 #23666 by Mike_Eitel
Hi

I have a running Modbus-RTU vor AVR,, Bascom implementation.

With 03 / reading registers something like 100ms update at 9600 k should be no problem.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2012 12:01 #23667 by ArcEye

More
27 Aug 2012 04:42 #23677 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Arceye

Yes, wasn't aware that Mark has it still on his page.
None of the links is correct anymore, think I will ask him changing text....

Those days ( > 10 years ) I was happy to find a way helping Mark to make some additional money..
His compiler is one of the best pieces of sw I ever saw and he always refused to get payed for an upgrade.....

I think he is not asked anymore for my app, and so fare, if someone of this forum needs it,
fele free to give me a pm.

Mike

More
28 Oct 2012 00:08 #25895 by Miselph
Hi Arceye,

I have just found this thread and I am very interested indeed!
Would it be possible to add analogue data as well as just bits? I figure it should be but, although I am a seasoned arduino programmer, I have never tried writing anything for Linuxcnc beyond O-code subroutines. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction regarding the changes I would need to make to the linux source code?

Thanks,

Chris

More
28 Oct 2012 00:43 #25896 by andypugh

Would it be possible to add analogue data as well as just bits?

As well as Arceye's .comp userspace component, there is a Python version from Jepler
emergent.unpythonic.net/01198594294

More
28 Oct 2012 17:11 #25923 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Arduino I/O with Linuxcnc
Hi

Would it be possible to add analogue data as well as just bits?

Yes of course, but how you go about it probably depends upon the value ranges you will be dealing with.

There are 4 hal_type_t data types, bit, signed long int (s32), unsigned long int (u32) and float, and pins can be any of these types.

Bits are just used a lot because they easily represent switches etc.
They also can be very tightly packed in data packets of just a few bytes as per the example on page 1.

If you give me an idea of what you are trying to do, the data size etc I will have a think on it

regards

More
31 Oct 2012 19:16 #26124 by Miselph
Hello,

Sorry it has taken a few days for me to reply. I have been experimenting / reading your other forum topic re Arduino pendent.

If you give me an idea of what you are trying to do, the data size etc I will have a think on it

I am working on a remote pendent very similar to the one you detail in your other post but I am intending to add either an MPG wheel or a small thumb-joystick for jogging.
I suspect that this is more relevant to the stuff in your other topic so I will head over there and ask questions.
Thanks.

More
31 Oct 2012 19:47 #26126 by andypugh

I am working on a remote pendent very similar to the one you detail in your other post but I am intending to add either an MPG wheel or a small thumb-joystick.

What is your other hardware?

More
31 Oct 2012 21:49 #26130 by Miselph
I am using a MESA 5i25 - 7i76 combo, so I do in fact have enough inputs to wire the pendent directly into the 7i76, I even have an encoder input available.
However I wouldn't be able to display the machine position on the pendant that way.

More
31 Oct 2012 21:56 #26132 by andypugh

I am using a MESA 5i25 - 7i76 combo, so I do in fact have enough inputs to wire the pendent directly into the 7i76, I even have an encoder input available.
However I wouldn't be able to display the machine position on the pendant that way.

The 7i73 (plugs into the RS422 port on the 7i76) might be a simpler solution. We even have an LCD HAL component now:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds