WHB04B-4

More
18 Dec 2019 18:11 #152868 by Gnevko
WHB04B-4 was created by Gnevko
Hi,

Maybe somebody can help me. I received today my MPG WHB04B-4 but it seams that Debian can't recognize USB Receiver at all. The command lsusb display any changes if I plug in the USB Receiver into USB port. Maybe these are some methods to figure out if USB Receiver is broken?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 07:19 #152938 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic WHB04B-4
Use dmesg before you plug in the reciever,
Plug in the reciever
Use dmesg command again and watch the last lines for any USB entry

Norbert

More
20 Dec 2019 13:20 #152940 by Leon82

More
20 Dec 2019 17:29 #152963 by Gnevko
Replied by Gnevko on topic WHB04B-4
Thank you, people!

Of course at first I read all information in internet what I founded (by the way not much) but nothing helps.

Now it works and a reason caused this problem was very very stupid: the usb receiver's plastic casing is designed wrong. It takes a lot of place by the usb plug, so that +5V and GRD pins in the plug can touch corresponding contacts but signal pins can't! As soon USB receiver has +5V and GRD connection it send a signal to MPG that all is ok but of course PC still can't recognise it.

The solution was very simple - to remove plastic casting. After that it works, but ... people ... what I kann say the driver itself has a lot of bugs, may be it's good idea for me to learn a bit C/C++ and try to fix it :)

More
22 Dec 2019 16:15 - 23 Dec 2019 05:59 #153040 by Gnevko
Replied by Gnevko on topic WHB04B-4
Following problem:

1) Start Linuxcnc (axis, probe_basic - it doesn't matter).
2) Enable machine and change to manual mode.
3) At this point the machine is in manual and in joint mode at the same time. Now it is not possible to jog with MPG (WHB04B)
4) Ok, try to jog with GUI Buttons - from now the machine is only in manual mode and MPG jogging works as it should be.
5) Now try to press one of MPG's macro buttons, lets say set X to Zero (MDI_COMMAND=G10 L20 P1 X0 ) - it works also but(!) from now the machine is again in manual and joint mode! Of course the jogging with MPG doesn't work again till I press one GUI jogging buttons.

I spend two days to understand and fix this problem but without any success :( With this behaviour the MPG isn't really usable at all: each time I execute a macro I need go to the PC and press jog button on GUI.

EDIT: The solution:

If the MPG is connected to the "axis.n.jog-counts" pin and the machine is not in free (joint) mode, then the axis will not move. One solution might be to connect the jog counts to both the joint.n.jog-counts and the axis.n.jog-counts pins. This will cause the MPG to move the machine if it is in either teleop or free mode, and should be predictable if the machine has trivial kinematics.

It's also necessary to connect also joint.N.jog-enable, joint.N.jog-scale and joint.N.jog-vel-mode.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2019 05:59 by Gnevko.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds