Couple questions about QTPYVCP

More
22 Dec 2019 20:03 #153068 by Leon82

Hi everyone :)

I am not sure if it's correct please for this question (sorry if not) but my be you can help me with the problem described hier: www.forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/38015-whb04b-4#153040

If I press an actionButton in the GUI with the following action: "machine.jog.axis:x,pos" than the machine change the mode from

to

and after that I can jog with MPG (WHB04B-4) as it should be. As soon I press one of macro buttons on MPG, the machine goes again in previous state (manual + joint) and I need to press an jog button again on GUI to become MPG work.

The question is, what happens exactly if I press the action button with "machine.jog.axis:x,pos"? Is these the possibility to avoid joint mode?

Have you tried setting the button to checkable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2019 20:23 - 22 Dec 2019 20:30 #153069 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Couple questions about QTPYVCP
When you press the "machine.jog.axis:x,pos" action button it checks if the machine is in teleoperating mode (Cartesian space or "axis" mode) and changes to that mode it if it not. See here: github.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp/blob/1761babf...actions.py#L969-L971

If the MPG is connected to the "axis.n.jog-counts" pin and the machine is not in free (joint) mode, then the axis will not move. One solution might be to connect the jog counts to both the joint.n.jog-counts and the axis.n.jog-counts pins. This will cause the MPG to move the machine if it is in either teleop or free mode, and should be predictable if the machine has trivial kinematics.

EDIT: Another thing you need to check is that the machine is in manual mode before trying to jog. When you use the maco button it almost certainly switches the machine to MDI mode, you will have to switch it back manually.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2019 20:30 by KCJ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnevko

More
22 Dec 2019 20:47 - 23 Dec 2019 05:57 #153071 by Gnevko
Thank you for quick response!

The MPG Driver always try to set the machine to manual mode before send a command to HAL (except auto mode of course). I spend the hole day to try debug and understand it :)

At the moment the jog-count connections looks like that:
net  pdnt.axis.0.jog-counts              whb.axis.0.jog-counts              ilowpass.jog.x.in
net  pdnt.axis.1.jog-counts              whb.axis.1.jog-counts              ilowpass.jog.y.in
net  pdnt.axis.2.jog-counts              whb.axis.2.jog-counts              ilowpass.jog.z.in
net  pdnt.axis.3.jog-counts              whb.axis.3.jog-counts              ilowpass.jog.a.in

net  pdnt.ilowpass.jog.0.jog-counts      ilowpass.jog.x.out               axis.x.jog-counts
net  pdnt.ilowpass.jog.1.jog-counts      ilowpass.jog.y.out               axis.y.jog-counts
net  pdnt.ilowpass.jog.2.jog-counts      ilowpass.jog.z.out               axis.z.jog-counts
net  pdnt.ilowpass.jog.3.jog-counts      ilowpass.jog.a.out               axis.a.jog-count

EDIT: KCJ you are right, I connected joint.n.jog-counts, but also joint.n.jog-enable, joint.n.jog-scale and joint.n.jog-vel-mode and now it works!
Last edit: 23 Dec 2019 05:57 by Gnevko.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
27 Dec 2019 17:34 #153296 by Leon82
Is it possible to make an action button perform 2 actions?

set jog increment.01 ;set jog mode.incremental

More
30 Dec 2019 04:11 #153539 by Leon82
when i edit a file and save and go to run it doesn't always start at the top of the program.even if i click the cursor on line 1 and hit save

I may change run to run from line 1, unless i can set a signal to rewind the program

More
04 Jan 2020 07:30 - 04 Jan 2020 07:34 #153972 by hottabich
Hello! Happy New Year everyone! I decided to make Qtpyvcp interface for linuxcnc. Based on Brender + mill_touch_v6 + probe_basic. Neither can I fix one error. Please help someone who can and if it's not difficult. Files are attached. Thank you in advance. In the attached file, we’ll remove the hobby_mill error L, two L does not solve the problem.

Скачать
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jan 2020 07:34 by hottabich.

More
04 Jan 2020 10:52 #153979 by Leon82
It's not finding the mdi handler.

You may have to tell it where to import it from.
I had to do it to get an image to work in the background after qcompile.

More
05 Jan 2020 08:59 - 05 Jan 2020 09:01 #154082 by hottabich
Download the file, unzip it to your home directory and install according to the attached instructions. Run the simulator and you will see everything. Thanks for attention.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2020 09:01 by hottabich.

More
10 Jan 2020 15:31 #154553 by hottabich
I will supplement my question. In the home directory there are two identical VCP jura and Hobby Mill. Hobby Mill works when I prescribe import jura.mdi_handler as mdiHandler if import hobby_mill.mdi_handler, no named module. For some reason, he sees from a neighboring directory. Can this be fixed somehow? Without a directory, jura does not work.
Attachments:

More
10 Jan 2020 15:47 #154554 by tecno

Maybe it is this that is wrong!
Attachments:

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds