OS Buster - Network-Manager

More
27 Jul 2021 12:17 #216040 by mjones@welfab.ca
ok i tried that. it says:
E: Unable to locate package network-manager
E: Unable to locate package network-manager-gnome
so i have to assume it didn't install on the computer with the system. Might have something to do with it locking on install when it gets to configure network. the only way i could get past that was to unplug network so it couldn't find modem then it would allow me to move on with install giving me the option of setting up network later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2021 12:32 #216044 by tommylight
Did you do a
sudo apt-get update
before that?

More
27 Jul 2021 12:50 #216046 by mjones@welfab.ca
No I didn't know i had to. very new to linux. i did try just now and it came back with a bunch of stuff about cnrom not being accessable. I noticed that you guys were talking about the latest version that i didn't see prior so i am downloading that now and then will try again.

More
27 Jul 2021 13:18 #216049 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic OS Buster - Network-Manager
Does the system have internet access? Sounds like it doesn't

More
27 Jul 2021 13:26 #216050 by mjones@welfab.ca
yes it does, its downloading the new system now. I have a 7i76e,7i77 and 7i64 that Im trying to run through another ethernet port. I originally didn't realize the difference between 7i76 and 7i76e and was trying to run them all throught a 6i25 I have a 7i76 coming from mesa and can use that when it comes but im in Canada and things take time getting here. I figured i would try getting the 7i76e going in the mean time but i have been working at this for many days now and i keep hitting road blocks, i am learning slowly but it seems like a whole different world in linux.
My new system just finished down loading. hopefully it installs better, i will let you know.

More
27 Jul 2021 14:47 #216052 by mjones@welfab.ca
well that isn't going well, it seems the 2.8.0 buster version doesn't have cd burning software. I tried putting it on a memory stick and it doesn't run. Any idea how to burn this onto a disc.

More
27 Jul 2021 14:57 #216053 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic OS Buster - Network-Manager
If you are doing this over, I would start with the 2.8.2 version tommylight linked
because it includes network manager..

More
27 Jul 2021 15:03 #216054 by mjones@welfab.ca
thats what i am trying to do. but like i said, i downloaded it but this version that i just installed yesterday doesn't have the software to burn a cd. and when i put it on a memory stick it wouldnt boot.

More
27 Jul 2021 15:28 #216055 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic OS Buster - Network-Manager
If you are on a linux system use Disk Image Writer to write the ISO to the USB stick don't just copy/paste that will not work.

Also make sure you have the USB drive set to the top in the boot sequence in BIOS.

More
27 Jul 2021 15:36 #216056 by mjones@welfab.ca
i am on a linux system but i can't find Disk Image Writer.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds