OS Buster - Network-Manager

More
27 Jul 2021 15:52 #216058 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic OS Buster - Network-Manager
if you right click on the downloaded .ISO file then choose "Open With" -> "Other Application" you should get a list of applications. Check that list for "Disk Image Writer".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2021 17:52 #216060 by tommylight

More
27 Jul 2021 19:23 #216063 by mjones@welfab.ca
I finally managed to make a system disk for 2.8.2 buster but having trouble with it. first it freezes at the configer connection section, to avoid that i disconnected my ethernet cable that go to the router and did it again. it then gives you an option of setting network up manualy where you put in ip address and all that stuff, then it goes on. Later it wants to connect to a mirror but comes up with an error for connection. after trying several times i went ahead with install without a mirror so as it says i only get a basic install. likely why i didn't have a burning program last time. is there a way to get it to redo the mirror part after i configure the network connection and get internet working.

More
27 Jul 2021 19:29 #216064 by mjones@welfab.ca
ok forget that last post. I just checked and this basic install doesn't even show networks any where.. I need to find out how to install and have it configure my network that goes out to the internet, but it locks up at that point. My origina install
had this window as well, it stopped for a minute but then continued. this one i have given half an hour and doesn't move on.

More
27 Jul 2021 23:28 #216081 by tommylight
Try this
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...nd-easy-installation
Most probably you have internet issues so the ISO is getting corrupt, do an md5sum for the ISO, see if it matches.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds