Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
20 Nov 2022 00:12 #257131 by drewnabobber
For an example of modifying Remora to work with a static config, the modified fork for the Flexi-HAL board is now public:

github.com/Expatria-Technologies/remora-flexi-hal
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, cakeslob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2022 01:28 #257188 by cakeslob
Hey Drew, thats some pretty good stuff you got there.

Looking through some of the stuff, the config stuff looks pretty good. its easy to understand so I like it. I bet we can merge it into regular remora by making it a target compile flag based thing or maybe a target specific fallback for no sd config.

I am curious about the other stuff though and specifically 446. I have issues with my 446 boards, so I would find your insights valuable. The other changes, I see the enable thing in stepgen, and something with the pru, but if you could elaborate for me....

I did a thing to compare the 2
github.com/cakeslob/Remora/compare/devel...lob:Remora:flexi-hal

More
23 Nov 2022 10:50 #257447 by 4170-thomasnobi
Hello all,

I am running LinuxCnc with an Octopus Pro board and Remora firmware. All works fine except that the servos motors make cracking noises when reversing the load. With the oscilloscope I see that when the DIR Pin changes also the first Puls starts (~120ns). I assume that the problem comes from there. But I can not find a setting where I can set the values for Dirhold and Dirsetup.

I have tried:
setp remora.joint.0.dirhold   10000
setp remora.joint.0.dirsetup 10000

Remark from the Servo Manuel:
(1) t1: ENA must be ahead of DIR by at least 5μ s. Usually, ENA+ and ENA- are NC
(not connected).
(2) t2: DIR must be ahead of PUL active edge by 6μ s to ensure correct direction;
(3) t3: Pulse width not less than 2.5μ s;
(4) t4: Low level width not less than 2.5μ s.

My hardware:
Rasperry Pi4 4Gb with the RT image.
Octopus Pro Board via SPI
JMC IHS57 Servos
Software:
LinuxCNC 2.8.3
Remora 1.1.0

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks and greetings

Thomas

More
27 Nov 2022 21:16 #257764 by scotta
Hi,

Currently there is no setup and hold settings available in Remora as it has not been an issue.

Looking at your servos, they are expecting a differential pair driving them. Not sure if this is the issue but maybe worth a try to use some adaptors like

www.makerstore.com.au/product/elec-drv-adapter/

BR
Scott

Time to create page: 0.747 seconds