Remora 1.0.0_rc released for testing

More
28 Oct 2021 02:38 #224542 by Bari
Do what you have time for. If you only get it started it's likely that someone else will add on more later. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2021 03:59 #224543 by Cncninja
Yes for sure... that would be very helpful, also what jumper position are you using with your tmc's on the 1.4

Thanks

More
29 Oct 2021 00:35 - 29 Oct 2021 00:40 #224619 by cakeslob
Ok, testing the octopus made me realize I had an issue.
I made my original linuxcnc config for the SKR1.4, and had it physically working without issue. I have been using the same linuxcnc ini/hal file to test out the SKR2 and the octopus.
I just did a test to confirm on all 3 boards
skr1.4 - no following error I can jog all day, I setup the config for this board, and it works
skr2 - following error after 15-20mm
octopus - following error 5-10mm (just an observation that it was sooner thank skr2, probably clock stuff)

Its an Hbot, but im not finished so the speed is still slow(er) Ive uploaded the ini file
edit, looks like it was just the stock remora-xyz config and i increased the speed a little.

Hi, the only sample config.txt is the one I posted. So yes this Motor Power module is needed.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora/blob/dev...les/SKRv2/config.txt
They are missing from the sample configs in repo

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Oct 2021 00:40 by cakeslob.

More
30 Oct 2021 03:03 #224694 by scotta

Ok, testing the octopus made me realize I had an issue.
I made my original linuxcnc config for the SKR1.4, and had it physically working without issue. I have been using the same linuxcnc ini/hal file to test out the SKR2 and the octopus.
I just did a test to confirm on all 3 boards
skr1.4 - no following error I can jog all day, I setup the config for this board, and it works
skr2 - following error after 15-20mm
octopus - following error 5-10mm (just an observation that it was sooner thank skr2, probably clock stuff)

Its an Hbot, but im not finished so the speed is still slow(er) Ive uploaded the ini file
edit, looks like it was just the stock remora-xyz config and i increased the speed a little.

Hi, the only sample config.txt is the one I posted. So yes this Motor Power module is needed.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora/blob/dev...les/SKRv2/config.txt
They are missing from the sample configs in repo

Hi, are you changing the LinuxCNC remora component when changing between boards? The Remora component for the STM32 boards uses a different SPI setup and will not play nice with the STM32 Remora firmware. I'm working on a common component with command line options to define which controller board chip type, ie LPC or STM32

More
30 Oct 2021 04:14 #224700 by cakeslob
Ok, I thought maybe the stm32 one was phased out, so I failed to mention it. but yes, I have a few rip installs so I can check between the component versions 
Using the component at this repo, I cant even get out of estop, and get a  bad spi payload error = 32303a30
The serial output is normal, and error free
github.com/scottalford75/SKRV2-Mbed-OS5

Using main remora I can connect,  and I get the same serial output , I  just get following errors. 
reinstalled both linuxcnc and stm32 remora tonight and same result. 

More
30 Oct 2021 04:58 #224702 by scotta
I've posted this in the original thread as well.

I've update the LinuxCNC Remora component in the develop branch to allow the PRU chip type to be selected on the command line. This sets up the SPI frequency and chip select behavior for the different chips.

loadrt remora chip_type=STM

Options are lpc, LPC, stm or STM

More
30 Oct 2021 16:35 #224720 by cakeslob
Just loaded the new one, I cannot get the stm32 to run at 16th divisor, it puts out "SPI data error" in serial when I try to connect and "Bad SPI payload = 32303a30" on linuxcnc
I recompiled with the stm32 to 32 divider and it can operate and I dont get spi error or following error.

More
30 Oct 2021 21:34 #224732 by scotta

Just loaded the new one, I cannot get the stm32 to run at 16th divisor, it puts out "SPI data error" in serial when I try to connect and "Bad SPI payload = 32303a30" on linuxcnc
I recompiled with the stm32 to 32 divider and it can operate and I dont get spi error or following error.

Ok, so that confirmed it was the LinuxCNC side. The board would have only accepted every 64th SPI transmission, which would explain the following error.

I'm working to have the SPI speed setting as part of the command line so people can adjust for their wiring. With good wiring the higher speeds are possible with the STM32.

More
31 Oct 2021 00:28 - 31 Oct 2021 00:29 #224743 by scotta
A few more updates to both the Remora component and firmware. The develop branch now has additional features:

1. SPI frequency (clock divider) can be configured in the command line
2. PRU base frequency can be configured in command line

loadrt remora chip_type=STM SPI_clk_div=16 PRU_base_freq=80000

In the config.txt it's now also possible to configure the SERVO and BASE frequencies. And yes, I've now also run at 80khz on a SKR2.

eg
{
"Board": "BIGTREETECH SKR v2",
"Threads":[
{
"Thread": "Base",
"Frequency": 80000
}
],
"Modules":[
{
"Thread": "On load",
Last edit: 31 Oct 2021 00:29 by scotta.

More
31 Oct 2021 13:40 #224768 by Aaroncnc
What boards support what rates?
Is there a default rate if none is provided in the config?

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds