A Teensy -> Python Interface Manualmatic MPG/pendant

More
03 Feb 2022 12:50 #233871 by fletch
BTW, I like what you're doing with the buttonMovePosZ->setLongPressHandler - continuous jog perhaps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2022 21:37 #233915 by sagreen

BTW, I like what you're doing with the buttonMovePosZ->setLongPressHandler - continuous jog perhaps?

Thats exactly what I am doing. This is a dedicated set of buttons that Jogs the Z up and down...

More
03 Feb 2022 21:38 #233916 by sagreen

I created a pull request in your library with the fix for your approval. Works great!

Scott...

Brilliant! Thank you very much. I'll pull that straight across and add a formal example. I'm assuming (dangerous) the commented out ' //#define ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP32 1' is superfluous.
Also curious about the 'using' vs 'typedef' - I originally had 'typedef' but at some point moved to 'using' but can't remember why...

Yeah, sorry that was some test code. The 2nd PR that I submitted got rid of that commented out #define. Not sure if you saw that or not. That is all that was in the 2nd PR.

More
08 Feb 2022 21:27 #234355 by fletch
Oh, I do like a joystick!

Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2022 16:35 - 11 Feb 2022 16:35 #234590 by fletch
I think this may be the weekend I start moving this to PlatformIO... Trying to squeeze "just a bunch of functions" into the Arduino IDE is becoming a little unwieldy.

P.S. can now (easily) do Z moves with the joystick.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2022 16:35 by fletch.

More
12 Mar 2022 08:13 #236981 by fletch

Couple of quick questions:

1. Is there any value in adding an (optional) joystick? I've seen lot of positive views on non-standard pendants but can't recall seeing one on a commercial pendant.

2. I'm looking at making a PCB - anyone interested if I make a few extras?

In the words of those awful gameshows my Grandparents used to watch: Here's wat you could've won! :-)

Attachments:

More
24 Mar 2022 07:29 #238201 by lomas8
Awesome project, will be attempting this build or very similar once I've built my 2nd DIY CNC (printNC). What program did you use to design your board?
The following user(s) said Thank You: fletch

More
25 Mar 2022 13:29 #238337 by fletch
Thank you - I used Kicad for the PCB. I plan to upload the PlatformIO code soon (maybe this weekend) but currently fighting with FreeCAD - on the 5th itteration of the casing base... I added one missing constraint from the base sketch and that's three days work down the pan. (the topological naming problem bites HARD).

More
29 Mar 2022 16:30 #238628 by fletch
Wow! That took far too long! 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 Apr 2022 19:29 - 01 Apr 2022 19:35 #239011 by fletch
A bit of progress on the case - still pondering how to do the buttons. I think I need a day of two off FreeCAD though!

As hoped (or even designed, perhaps?) it feels very comfortable in the hand (with apologies in advance to left-handers).
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Apr 2022 19:35 by fletch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds