A Teensy -> Python Interface Manualmatic MPG/pendant

More
13 May 2022 22:31 #242915 by tommylight
Tittle has changed, what should the title of this topic be?
Do not change the tittle when replying as that makes it impossible to be found when searched for by other users.
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fletch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2022 12:41 #242948 by fletch
Ah - my apologies, I thought it would give a quick notification of the reason why I was replying to the thread.

"A Teensy -> Python Interface Manualmatic MPG/pendant" seems appropriate - is it possible/appropriate for admin to do a global update?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 May 2022 17:43 #242965 by tommylight

More
09 Jun 2022 02:04 #244790 by alberto.tyra
excelente aporte compañero Felicidades

More
09 Jun 2022 13:55 #244805 by fletch
Muchísimas gracias. ¿Estás planeando construir uno?

More
02 Jul 2022 20:45 #246467 by smc.collins
I would be interested in casting these cases for this pendant design, in fiber reinforced epoxy resin, stuff is strong like bull, could make buttons in silicone rubber etc, are the CAD files around ? 

More
03 Jul 2022 12:06 - 03 Jul 2022 12:11 #246503 by fletch

I would be interested in casting these cases for this pendant design, in fiber reinforced epoxy resin, stuff is strong like bull, could make buttons in silicone rubber etc, are the CAD files around ?

Hi Sean - I like the idea but the case is specifically designed for 3D printing so would require significant modification for casting (drafting, skrinkage, tolerances etc). I'm not planning to release the current CAD files as they're extremely 'fragile' - as in they're created using a weekly release of FreeCAD from a while back and don't render/play nicely in other versions. STLs are available here: github.com/Stutchbury/Manualmatic-Pendan...n/Hardware/case/v1.1
My focus (which, for reasons, has slipped a little lately) is currently on the software side - primarily to make it easier to add functionality. If you know how to code compile time 'plugins' in C++ advice would be appreciated.
For what it's worth my case, printed in PETG, has been well and truly abused (eg stepped on, dropped and generally mistreated) - it appears to be tough in all the right places. There are different filaments ([carbon] fibre reinforced) that would probably make it even more robust.

Last edit: 03 Jul 2022 12:11 by fletch. Reason: Add link to STLs, just in case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mehdidadash

More
25 Feb 2023 12:58 - 26 Feb 2023 13:39 #265324 by fletch
As I had to delve into the python code this week (should now work with v2.9 and v2.10 - thanks TadyTheFish for reporting it and @andypugh for pointing me in the right direction) I thought I'd post a quick video demonstrating the 'manual' bit of the Manualmatic - a facing operation:

www.youtube.com/shorts/LUMRR05cWKM

Last edit: 26 Feb 2023 13:39 by fletch. Reason: Re-uploaded with better sound

More
02 Feb 2024 14:21 #292217 by onceloved
Can I use esp32 s3? Teensy is too expensive

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds