Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
07 Sep 2023 12:17 #280201 by Aaroncnc

Ahhh okay, it seems my PWM settings on my VFD are backwards or something haha, when I put spindle speed at 0% I get 100% spindle speed, when i put linuxcnc at 100% spindle speed my actually spindle speed is 0% or well not 0% because I have a required minimum so i don’t damage the drive.

I had this issue on one of my boards see the documentation to fix it
remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/software/hal-examples.html
see the PWM to 0-10v spindle control with inverted lincurve compensation.
you can also change the numbers in relation if your system is giving non linear speed increases.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2023 19:59 - 07 Sep 2023 20:20 #280225 by cnc-phil
Deleted, because I just got too carried away with MY settings and forgot they would not apply to geremyL, Sorry for that.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2023 20:20 by cnc-phil.

More
07 Sep 2023 20:10 #280226 by GeramyL
I think it will actually work with your settings, but i'm having other problems not sure where they are coming from, the controller itself will sometimes no longer respond to ping if i go above 55khz on base frequency, but then my ping climbs to about .5ms instead of .25ms im not sure if this is causing my new issue which is about every step i am off about 0.0127mm or 0.0005" maybe someone here can answer what will cause that amount of problem. I have my calibration tools and my machine can accomplish 0.01mm accuracy if everything on the controller side is good.

More
07 Sep 2023 20:40 - 07 Sep 2023 20:55 #280228 by cnc-phil
My pings are 0.35ms (on a mere 1.5GHz pentium j5005, which was not able to use a paralled BOB, but very happily chrunching away the NVEM apart from a waring about "...display this only once...").
I do not know how to check the steps off mm. By any chance, it won't be a problem like
??? Look after 15:05
TLTRoTW (or ToWatch): I do not think that I can help, sorry.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2023 20:55 by cnc-phil.

More
07 Sep 2023 20:54 - 07 Sep 2023 20:56 #280230 by GeramyL
no im using G1 X100 F450 and then G1 X0 F450 twice the first time is to make sure i dont have backlash effecting my results then i zero my indicator and then i do it a second time to check to see if i land back at 0 or not. I end up landing at about 0.0005" so half of one 0.001" line indications and if i keep running the two commands it will no longer be 0.0005" it will be 0.001" which means I am missing steps somewhere somehow, I would assume its in the motion controller because its Pulses right now are software generated. Thats my assumption, maybe my wires from the controller to the drivers are too long? I am using 20AWG wire, could that be effecting it? I guess longer wires means less voltage and more resistance right, perhaps i'm loosing some signal?
Last edit: 07 Sep 2023 20:56 by GeramyL.

More
07 Sep 2023 21:15 - 07 Sep 2023 23:46 #280232 by cnc-phil
Yes, this is not to be desired.... But I am still proud of it. Cuts wood like a champ, alu not so much. LOL
Edit: metal workpiece is just a mockup.
Edit2: Eagle was made before with parallel break out board
Edit3: The lasercut acrylic pieces on the end of every axis make it very easy to get everything precise, parallel and smooth, without any measuring device...
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Sep 2023 23:46 by cnc-phil.

More
07 Sep 2023 21:30 #280233 by GeramyL
Well thats pretty freaking cool, if you replace those cylinder guides with MGN15 rails you will be able to do aluminum without a problem, could you share your hal and ini file? Maybe i've got something mucked up in my configurations, perhaps its the FERROR, it seems the FERROR is some sort of value that needs to be calculated based on step accuracy, not sure exactly because its hard to find an explanation. I've set my microsteps to 12800 to give me the best smoothness between sudden movements. I have 2DM542-06 Drivers which offer motor tuning and all cool sorts of tricks.

More
07 Sep 2023 22:01 - 07 Sep 2023 22:09 #280234 by cnc-phil
Thank you for your kindness.
Have you seen my pics? --> I think you should NOT TAKE ANY ADVISE from ME or my setup. My hal and ini is far from complete (right now some axis are reversed, shared homeswitches have to be configured, spindle CCW missing, spindle ENABLE and steppers ENABLE should be added, probe sensor to be configured, tool lenght sensor nada, and so on...) . I can only say that I set my FERROR = 1.0 on my old parallel break out board (but maybe that is totally not correct for your setup), but have not run ONE job so far with the nvme controller. But configuring these things is part of the fun for me.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2023 22:09 by cnc-phil.

More
07 Sep 2023 22:35 #280237 by GeramyL
Ah kay, gotcha, yeah I been combing through the Remora-nv LinuxCNC code and the remora-rt1052-cpp and all the other remora repositories to try to figure out what changes have been made across the board on all the different firmwares and components to try to figure out if any optimizations have been left out haha. Trying to run the new DMA code but it doesnt work, if i send a command then disconnect it seems to move my motors in one direction i have to unplug the board haha. Not sure whats going on with that. One thing I don't understand and its the most important is how LinuxCNC through the Remora-NV component talk to the controller to tell it how to step the drives.

More
08 Sep 2023 02:23 #280241 by scotta
Hi,

The DMA work is still work in progress and is not connectable to LinuxCNC yet. I'm proving the stepgen code and DMA stuff, which is looking reallly really great.

Next step is for LinuxCNC connectivity. Not too far off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cnc-phil

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds