Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
21 Feb 2024 21:26 - 21 Feb 2024 21:27 #293927 by Cold Turkey
@ vpomerleau

Could you post the config you used for the RT1052? Was it the same one you use for the STM32?

Sounds a bit like what I'm looking for. Cheers.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2024 21:27 by Cold Turkey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2024 23:45 - 21 Feb 2024 23:49 #293938 by vpomerleau
Hi Cold Turkey
I use the standard DMA config modified to have all inputs and outputs, I dont use the same on the STM, the pinout are different  . Im not a programmer but I took a look at the NVMPG section of both firmware and there is differences, maybe new NVMPG dont have the STM chip anymore. Can you give me details about it Scott please, 
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Feb 2024 23:49 by vpomerleau.

More
22 Feb 2024 01:37 #293946 by cakeslob
tim, check the timing section of the manual, and start there, if its the same manual you have look here

vpo,
re: nvmpg
if you swap pendants, does the old pendant work with the rt1052 and vice versa? you arent the first one to report an issue with it. if you think it maybe a new pendant design, it would helpful to find out if its the pendant or fw

re: analog

does the value of the analog out change at all when you command it in linuxcnc? can you post your halfile?
Attachments:

More
22 Feb 2024 10:44 #293968 by Cold Turkey
Sorry, missed where you wrote you had the all the inputs working. I had noticed that the config for the NVEM RT1052 had the mpg pins listed in its config but they aren't in the EC500 DMA config, thought that may have been the issue.

I don't have an NVMPG to test. I'd like to build my own panel.... Actually I'd like to see how an 8x8 matrix keyboard goes with it :)

More
22 Feb 2024 14:00 #293980 by TimGow
@ cakeslob thank you for mentioning the manual for timing.  These HBS860H drive/stepper arrangements are commonly available although the manual is not easily obtained; I have asked the supplier again.  The drive appears to be a clone of the Leadshine HBS86H drive and documentation is more readily available for those, although conflicting in data.
hardware-cnc.nl/images/PDF/ACT/HBS86H_English_Manuel.pdf
www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?acti...40069.0;attach=51122
Please see images of two versions of the pulse timing attached.
In one the DIR goes low during the STEP while in the other the DIR goes high.
I am suspecting that I have STEP/DIR timing issues and so I would like to understand what form of signal the Remora EC300 is producing and can it be modified to suit a particular drive?
The HBS680H drive form can be changed between rising and falling, by an RS232/RJ12 cable and software, but I would first like to better understand the EC300 STEP/DIR output undr Remora.
In the image with the table and diagram tPHS and tPLS are clearly "Step Length" and "Step Space".
Is tDS the "Dir Setup"? Is tDD the "Dir Hold"?
Is the EC300 active high for the STEP/DIR?
Attachments:

More
22 Feb 2024 14:09 #293982 by vpomerleau
Thank you guys, I just have an old NVMPG pendant (5 years+) and the display doesn't work only on the RT1052 controller. On the STM32 controller, everything is fine. I think im just gonna buy a new one for my RT1052 without display and the problem is gonna be solved!

Normal MPG

More
23 Feb 2024 00:42 #294039 by cakeslob
The dir signal is most likely high for one direction and low for another

More
27 Feb 2024 16:44 #294610 by TimGow

The dir signal is most likely high for one direction and low for another

Hi cakeslob,
Thank you for your time.
I have bought a low-cost logic analyser with fx2lafw firmware and I hope to utilise the open source sigrok software with ‘Stepper motor’ protocol decoder, to verify my EC300 step/dir timing and rising/falling sense.
It will be interesting to verify the timing that was set in the config.txt.

More
01 Mar 2024 12:18 #294833 by vpomerleau
Hi everyone
Does anyone know the "INDEX" pin number for the EC500 RT1052 V5. It's nowhere in the config files. I want to put a hall sensor on my spindle

For EC300 and NVEM, it's this one but this pin number is already assigned to "SRO" on the EC500

"Thread": "Servo",
    "Type": "Digital Pin",
        "Comment":            "INDEX",
        "Pin":                "P3_22",
        "Mode":                "Input",
        "Data Bit":            24,
        "Invert":            "True"

More
01 Mar 2024 23:13 #294870 by scotta
For the EC300 I was able to fully map the IO as I removed the chip from the board. However, for the EC500 there is still unmapped IO. The INDEX as well as the MPG inputs are still mysteriously connected inputs on the RT1052. I've tried to find these using software, but without luck still.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds