G71

More
13 Jul 2018 15:06 #114131 by HalaszAttila
Replied by HalaszAttila on topic G71
Hello,

i want to implement G71 function in linuxcnc.
I found this version:
github.com/nkp216/G71

and a very interesting for me.
But in readme.txt tells that first step is to do the "remapping".
What this mean, and can someone please explain how and what to do to "remap" G71 in linuxcnc?
I never do this and dont know where to start.
On github site of project, i found simulated config, but this does`t work. Stops with error when i open *.dxf file.

Thanks. Attila.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 15:32 #114133 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic G71
There is another version here:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/andypugh/g71type2remap

The files you need are here:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/andypu...configs/sim/axis/g71

Copy the Python folder to your config directory, then make the changes in [PYTHON] and [RS274NGC] from that INI file in your own INI file.

Documentation for the cycles is here:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/andypu...ughing-cycle-turning

It was my intention to code the cycles in C and add them "properly" but I have not got round to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HalaszAttila

More
13 Jul 2018 15:37 #114134 by nkp
Replied by nkp on topic G71
maybe i can help you
nkp216@gmaildotcom

More
15 Apr 2019 18:00 #130912 by smplc
Replied by smplc on topic G71
I’m experienced and enabled parametric programming Fanuc Macro B. Used LinuxCNC Axis interface and enabled its parametric programming. Experienced writing and executable C programming. Goal to write and execute own longitude and non-monotonic rough cycle (G71(type 2)). It’s known to me that rough turning an angle with parametric programming syntax while loop requires trigonometry and has been executable. Programming that geometry is fixed and if other size angle (degrees) it requires another syntax while loop with trigonometry calculations. Avoiding that is use of a G71 universal, longitudinal and rough profiling. I’m in process of writing own source code, C programming language and might be a plug-in or register with Mach4 if not using Lua program language and modules. Therefore, instance if an outer diameter longitudinal tool (VNMG (30 deg)) path, a 45 degree thread relief (trough) to shoulder and face retract is finish profile and coordinates. Does G71 function and rough cycle source code read ahead of the finish profile coordinates that a trough, conditional evaluation, if true and refer to a trigonometric function? Of course not traveling straight past and missing longitudinal rough cutting angular geometry (trough). I could probably experiment with Lua and might have to but I’m more fluent with C programming now. I’d probably eventually program some source code registers or modules with LinuxCNC Axis too.

More
15 Apr 2019 18:19 #130914 by andypugh
C source exists for Type I G71, and an algorithm exists for Type II in Python.
All that is missing is putting the two together.

More
15 Apr 2019 20:36 #130922 by smplc
Type 1 G71 is similar execution as parametric programming a loop. Both monotonic. I could probably readily write a G71 type 1. It'd be understood if a G71 has conditional evaluation type 1 or 2 execution or one type does both. I'll reference your program and algorithm as much is detectable. I'm just trying to get idea about implementing some blocks, if enable or not as a program reads its executable or function of a non-monotonic tool path. My program probably could have some similarity how systematic language's are, variably different too an independent and applied practice.

More
15 Apr 2019 20:49 #130925 by andypugh
It should be code added in that same place as the existing experimental branch. And needs to hook in to the existing tool radius compensation code.

More
15 Apr 2019 20:55 - 15 Apr 2019 20:58 #130926 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic G71
@Sm,

What do you mean by this :
if enable or not as a program reads its executable or function of a non-monotonic tool path

Type 1 is c code, type 2 is python code, following the information here.

My program probably could have some similarity how systematic language's are,

Yes.

variably different too an independent and applied practice
Maybe code in qt. In this you can do C++, C, Python, Java, etc.

Condoliance Nottredame Paris
Last edit: 15 Apr 2019 20:58 by Grotius.

More
15 Apr 2019 21:17 #130928 by smplc
Good point. I don't have access to to G41 and G42 functions nor seen their script with Mach4. I thought that some LinuxCNC G code script might be viewable. I get such idea of tool compensation, evaluate condition and enable with source code. I've calculated tool compensation with radius and angular geometry and made Fanuc inserts with G40 enabled. I thought just make an executable G71 file without G41 or G42. G41 or G42 would already be enabled previous blocks and before reading the G71 file. Aware that the G71 function could require some fixed syntax (G41 & G42) for it to be an operable a program.

More
15 Apr 2019 21:31 #130931 by andypugh
Do you want to add G71 to LinuxCNC for your own use or for everyone's use?

If you don't want tool radius compensation, and you only want it for yourself, then simply configure the existing Python G-code remap.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds