How do I do a manual tool change?

More
14 Nov 2021 01:11 #226401 by d2inventory
Quite amusing to see your double standards. When I hold a mirror in front of you and be the very same arsehole you are to the software dev the docu writer and the hardware dev suddenly you don't like it and you call it toxic. But when you do it? Then obviously it's all cool, right?

I mean if you have a different reference plane you have to touch of the intial tool every time anyway there is literally no way around that. Seriously you are just completely out of your league here...

You misunderstand the word "smart" apparently, as you think "smart" means that the person knows everything in the world.

And again you failed. Smart is recognizing patterns and clearly you fail hard in recognizing the very obvious pattern that you talk like an expert on a subject you haven't even gotten past the introduction course.

Every time I launched a config I obviously double checked that code wasnt overwritten

And because you're infallible it musta been some evil software that magically deleted that stuff and totally not your fault. Again, I gave you a very plausible sequence of events that produce the very output I saw in your configs, but ofc that couldn't have been the case because that would mean you fucked something up and as we all know you're infallible so that's definitely not what happened. Musta been the evil linux goblins that magically changed your config...

Sometimes is better to not jump in to not look like that annoying kid at school.

Self reflection buddy, you really need it. If you can identify me as "that annoying kid" rest assured that I am merely reflecting your own behaviour. Why do you think tommy linked to your previous arsehole behaviour?

you are one of those whose time costs nothing very obviously

Nope, I just don't take several days to set up something that only takes like 1 hour. So if you take the difference between those 2 you can see how I can have a lot of time to point out how it's you being the failure instead of all the other things you blame while at the same time holding a mirror in front of you in terms of "etiquette".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2021 02:26 #226403 by MaHa
Attachments:

More
14 Nov 2021 04:02 #226415 by Vladcronos

the gcode will not simply catch up to the variable at any given time once in automatic mode

it absolutely will, as it doesnt care about that. This is exactly how it works on MACH3/4 for decades software on windows. So that alone is a simple proof. I write gcode all the time, it doesnt care about that. relative or absolute also doesnt matter as you override whichever one is in use and during a tool change pause. I did tool changers on reprap firmware and in klipper for example, super basic and simple to do, thats how I know. Gcode is also no different here.

Imagine it this way, lets just take Z here, as we are not changing the XY. Your tool is currently at 20.00 position and the next step supposed to send it to 10.mm. But now your new tool is 5mm shorter, so you move a new tool to zero, which means a -5.00 in old coordinate, and you zero it out over there. now you have an accurate new zero. then you jog it up into safe area again, as normal. new coordinate is now effective and the gcode still wants to sent it to same old 10.00 position, and it will and everything is fine, because you reset your z coordinate and now it is effectively 5mm lower. That's really basic, which is why I got so frustrated that such basic stuff isn't done in over 10 years. So at this point 10000 people spending 100000 man hours to tune it individually for each of them, instead of efficiently doing this once on github and relief the crowd from that suffer.

so please exercise patience, read some of the many examples from other users online using google and in the documents/github

forums are usually my last destination, I have already spent 2 days on google and youtube actually, as that would be great if anyone has made a single sample setup there. would be much more efficient, but sadly I wasn't able to find anything I could use on the web. Turns out this software isnt actually as popular as I thought, and there are not too many DIY setups in the wild to generate that tutorial base.

as the less capable controller software

I disagree here again, and I am struggling here with a very basic feature that took me around 30 minutes to setup on mach4 for example, here I am struggling for 2 days. How is this more advanced in any way? I can not talk about 5 axis fucntions etc, maybe it is more advanced in that area. But so far for my basic 3-4 axis use the initial setup has been a disaster, thats all I know. And that is exactly due to a lack of BASIC features, how much lower an expectation can be than to have a simple probing preset, i dunno.

but are you trying to change the g54 z offset or are you changing the tool height offset?

Thats exactly the problem, as I have no effing idea myself, 95% of my robotic experience is in 3D printers, where this basic stuff is super easy to jsut write in gcode and hit go. I expected this have been already implemented in the software so I dont have to think about "how do I probe" or "how to code this and that to probe". This is again where the frustration comes from, as it feels centuries behind even mach4, which I bought and its also far from perfect. But over there my biggest problem was bugs and non-realtime USB based control. Now I appreciate much more what mach4 actually offered as a complete package actually lol. How I see a proper software: it asks you for your probe data, position, height etc. Then you insert each tool and it measures it, after you press the button to runt he macro. If software doesnt even do that by itself, thats not a software, thats a half-assed unfinished code to my eyes. Again nothing personal and dont mean to offense anyone, treat it as my personal opinion only.

What I am trying to accomplish is simple, change a tool and be able to continue the program, I am a simple man!

I just finished my day long fighting with wifi conflict with mesa, and it turned out (again) that the guide that I used gave me incorrect settings, and the majority of my troubleshooting was focused in a wrong place, since I trusted and did not doubt that guide settings. Again turned out that I spend time online asking and searching for examples and end up just learning stuff on the way and writing it all myself from the scratch in the end, minus wasted time on the web lol. Gotta go back into linuxCNC docs now, as I admit they are very overwhelming to read, and I did skip most of that. Patience isnt my top skill haha. Imagine machine was already making chips and then I wired the simple probe which put the machine down for 3 days and counting and turned all the setting into a bloody mess. Anyways, I am on AXIS interface now, it is not as "pretty" on touch screen, but as long as it fucntions well, I will be happy. Started a new setup now from the scratch and going to use that macro from above and see what it does. Thank you again for all the time you spent here with me and links! 

More
14 Nov 2021 04:09 - 14 Nov 2021 04:13 #226416 by Vladcronos
isn't their eyes/pupils remarkable? it always amazed me.

As a side note, I have just opened AXIS GUI... omg, it is so much simpler, cleaner and better! At least to a person new to linuxCNC. With gmoccapy I struggled to even find a simple hal monitor to check signals, in AXIS found it in 4 seconds! I have a good feeling about this GUI! I may return to gmoccapy, but later when I am already very familiar with the software.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2021 04:13 by Vladcronos.

More
14 Nov 2021 05:08 - 14 Nov 2021 05:15 #226429 by Vladcronos

in your macro folder

Jan, what would be the default full path to that folder? I am again having silly issues here, where it now crashes not being able to locate this file. I already tried to put it all over config folder, set different paths too, also went into dev folder, found a macro folder there, put it there too, still not able to find a file... And of course debugging isn't showing a full path, because who needs that right lol

NVM, "subroutines" line was missing in your code, I figured it out already haha. Time to test!
Last edit: 14 Nov 2021 05:15 by Vladcronos.

More
14 Nov 2021 07:18 #226440 by Vladcronos
A sudden leap forward haha, thanks again guys! Bed time, will refine the gcode tomorrow. Still a draft. :)

And that's how I wanted it to be done, right on the stock for a true zero.

More
14 Nov 2021 23:01 #226521 by tommylight
@VladCronos
Read this:
www.linuxcnc.org/CODE_OF_CONDUCT/
-
This type of behavior is not acceptable on this forum.

More
14 Nov 2021 23:43 #226525 by tommylight
Just spent half hour re-reading everything, so the above stands.
P.S.
The amount of time spent writing useless stuff is just astonishing, also it is astonishing how many times this was read by members here and still they remained cool.
Would have been much better to actually explain what you are aiming for or how you would like stuff to work, you could have this resolved in about 5 to 15 minutes, but i digress.
This is valid for both topics.
Thank you, all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S, pommen, JohnnyCNC

More
17 Nov 2021 21:47 #226792 by andypugh

Nope, it is possibly less than two lines, all you need to do is stop disabling joging controls and let user overwrite Z0

The underlying difficulty is described here:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WhyManualWhilePausedIsHard

But, really, if you don't like LinuxCNC, have your money back, and move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geosec

More
19 Nov 2021 03:34 #226944 by JohnnyCNC
That article was a really good read.

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds