Help needed: Just one axis will work!?

More
19 May 2013 04:29 - 19 May 2013 04:30 #34354 by Alex_HH
Hello to the members of this discussion board!!

I'm new here - esp. because I made my first steps with LinuxCNC and need some help to get the machine running.

I'm using LinuxCNC 2.5 on a HP Thin PC to control an eShapeOko CNC machine. The driver board is a so called chinese blue board (TB6560).
I configured the three axis within the configwizard and made for each axis a testrun - every axis worked in the testmode fine.

Problem: If I start LinuxCNC just one axis (Y) is working (manual controlling) the other two axis are doing nothing.

What do I wrong?

It would be very great to get a helpfull hint.

Many thanks in advence
Alexander
Last edit: 19 May 2013 04:30 by Alex_HH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2013 07:46 #34368 by andypugh

Problem: If I start LinuxCNC just one axis (Y) is working (manual controlling) the other two axis are doing nothing.

This is probably something to do with the "enable" pins.

The "Test axis" in Stepconf does not set any "enables" so, bizarrely, your Y axis is probably the badly-configured one :-)

It is a waste of pins to use 3 of them to enable the board, but if you don't need any more axes (and it is generally inputs that you run out of first) then you can try configurong the amp_enable pins in stepconf.
There is a pretty good chance that they will need to be inverted. (ie, 0V for "enable"). This is just a tickbox in Stepconf

More
19 May 2013 15:33 #34375 by cncbasher
this most definitely is down to the enable pin and correctly identifying the connections .
it's the most common question that pops up with these boards and the confusion that surrounds them .

depending on your particular board connect the three axis enable pins to amplifier enable
you'll also probably find you have the y axis connected to the wrong pins also

if you still have a problem post your config files and if possible a picture or manual of the board
they sometimes are marked with a version number or quote the number of axis the board is for , as they make 3 ,4 and 5 axis types and all have different connection details

More
19 May 2013 17:09 #34382 by Alex_HH
Hello together,

many thanks for your help and hints you gave.
I inverted two of the axis (x and z) within the stepconfig wizard - now the axis will work in LinuxCNC very fine.
It is confusing that those both axis will not work in axis test mode in the stepconfig with the new config...!?
Anyway - now the axis work.

But now I have another issue:
When I move the axis in manual control mode In axis display, all of them move in different directions. I mean: Instead of moving into the positive direction they move into the negative direction.
Where and how can I correct that?

Many thanks for your assistance again.

Alexander

More
19 May 2013 17:27 #34383 by ArcEye
Hi

Before you change anything, just be sure that you are expecting the right thing.

The right arrow should 'move' the spindle to the right, ie the table moves to the left
Likewise the up arrow 'moves' the spindle to the back of the table ie the table moves forward

Since the tool in the spindle is what cuts, all moves are in relation to spindle 'movement'

If you still need to change, go into your ini file and change the sign of the value SCALE= for the relevant axis (ie put a - sign in front if positive or remove if neg)

regards

More
19 May 2013 18:25 #34385 by Alex_HH
Hello ArcEye,

thx for your reply - where can I find the ini file?

Best
Alexander

More
19 May 2013 18:40 #34386 by ArcEye
All the config files are in

/home/yourname/linuxcnc/configs/configname/configname.ini

regards

More
19 May 2013 23:21 - 20 May 2013 01:46 #34393 by Alex_HH
Hello,

within the .ini I changed the value of SCALE on both axis from 87.489... to -87.489...
Now the movingdirections are correct!

Thanks for your fast and good help.

Alexander
Last edit: 20 May 2013 01:46 by Alex_HH.

More
20 May 2013 17:27 #34422 by Alex_HH
Hello LinuxCNC Experts,

today I tried to "paint" the LinuxCNC typo test file on a paper. I changed in the G-Code Z from -3 to 0.
During that test I saw two main issues:
1. The pattern of the "LinuxCNC" typo is mirror-inverted on the paper
2. Each time the machine is positioned from Z+3 to Z0 the position is not the same as before - it lookes lile the axis "moves" into the negative. But in the program the position that is shown there is unchanged Z=0.0

It would be great to get your help again.
Many thanks!
Alexander

More
20 May 2013 17:54 #34423 by ArcEye
Hi

See this thread, I suspect you have the same problem, hence why your axes did not move as expected on the jog keys originally.

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-with-linuxcnc#25151

Now having reversed the SCALE= setting you have only complicated matters.

regards

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds