Can't install camview in buster

More
12 Nov 2022 05:59 #256487 by seuchato
the missing error screenshot:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2022 17:41 #256511 by cmorley
Oh yes I forgot about the python2/3 encoding trouble. Sorry about that.
Looks like its the code to subscript the increment display.

I don't think I have a system that runs 2.8 at the moment so can't advise how to adapt it.
It.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: seuchato

More
12 Nov 2022 20:11 #256528 by cmorley
I think if you use the 2.8.4 camview_widget.py but use the updated 2.9 cam_align handler, you will at least be able to set the rotation increment from the INI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seuchato

More
12 Nov 2022 21:59 #256544 by HansU
Really cool your recent enhancements to the cam_align widget!

But there are so many mouse -click and scroll combinations that it is hard to use them efficient without having the documentation beside.
Maybe this could be simplified if you add a toggle button (more like a sliding switch) to switch between "setting the angle" and "setting the diameter". Then one can use the same controls for both.
And a slider (like in camview) for both could be added.

More
13 Nov 2022 13:17 - 13 Nov 2022 13:22 #256571 by seuchato
Hans
I agree sort off:
It is a new approach to hold right button and scroll to rotate. But once you get the hang of it, it just works.
Where I agree with you: Great work of cmorley, indeed! And, adding some comprehensive buttons would be nice. I am on the verge to deploy my small router with a touch screen, with screen mirrored to a 10" touch tablet. There buttons on the tab would be very helpful.
Off topic on: Is that a laser in your avatar? No can't be maybe a 470/485/505? Off topic off
greez
chris
Last edit: 13 Nov 2022 13:22 by seuchato.

More
13 Nov 2022 15:01 #256574 by HansU
Yes it goes quick to get the hang of it, when you have read the docs. If not, you you are a bit surprised what it does when trying the mouse combinations (if you know that there are some).
So this is not really intuitive. Or maybe a help button with a question mark could be added or so.

My opinion:
- don't reset on double-click (if you want to increment fast, you reset it accidentally), do that with a button
- I wonder if you need to adjust the circle diameter and the rotation of the cross hair at the same time. I think you want either focus on an edge or a hole. So maybe switch with (radio-)buttons whether you want to change the rotation, circle diameter or zoom and then change the selected value either with mouse wheel or left/right click
- changing the increment with middle click is ok I think
- hold left + mouse wheel is not really comfortably to use (I use to scroll with the index finger)

And yes I agree, some button for touch screens would be helpful.

Off topic: You can't know it because it's a converted Cyclone 13 (not well known in Europe). I added the gennaker boom, trapeze and so on.

Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2022 15:39 #256578 by seuchato

I did commit changes to 2.9 to allow setting the rotation increment with the INI with -o rotincr=.2

I think if you use the 2.8.4 camview_widget.py but use the updated 2.9 cam_align handler, you will at least be able to set the rotation increment from the INI.

chris, tried as per the above quoted posts:
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/qtvcp$ 
grep cam_align qtvcp_tab.ini 
EMBED_TAB_NAME= cam_align
# EMBED_TAB_COMMAND= halcmd loadusr -Wn qtvcp_embed qtvcp -d -c qtvcp_embed  -x {XID} cam_align
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND= halcmd loadusr -Wn qtvcp_embed qtvcp -d -c qtvcp_embed  -x {XID} -o size=2304,1636 -o rotincr=.1 cam_align
Increment is stuck at 0.5°
greez
chris

More
13 Nov 2022 15:55 #256580 by seuchato

Yes it goes quick to get the hang of it, when you have read the docs. If not, you you are a bit surprised what it does when trying the mouse combinations (if you know that there are some).
So this is not really intuitive. Or maybe a help button with a question mark could be added or so.

My opinion:
- don't reset on double-click (if you want to increment fast, you reset it accidentally), do that with a button
- I wonder if you need to adjust the circle diameter and the rotation of the cross hair at the same time. I think you want either focus on an edge or a hole. So maybe switch with (radio-)buttons whether you want to change the rotation, circle diameter or zoom and then change the selected value either with mouse wheel or left/right click
- changing the increment with middle click is ok I think
- hold left + mouse wheel is not really comfortably to use (I use to scroll with the index finger)

And yes I agree, some button for touch screens would be helpful.

Off topic: You can't know it because it's a converted Cyclone 13 (not well known in Europe). I added the gennaker boom, trapeze and so on.

Are you on 2.9?

Off topic: nice boat and nice hard trimming at such light wind. That boat should plane fast with a gennaker. Have fun! I used to sail a fireball one handed in my youth years. I added a 20 m2 spinnaker to sail it at about 8 knots. Stopped sailing in favour of windsurfing, when I was surpassed the first time by a windsurfer :-) somehere in the early 80ies.

More
13 Nov 2022 22:14 #256617 by andypugh

Off topic: nice boat

Staying off-topic I once sailed 6200 nm non-stop:  photos.app.goo.gl/cgxwmnBtEfNFgVF39
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
13 Nov 2022 22:32 #256621 by HansU
I tried that on master branch, so 2.10.

Off topic: Fireball - wasn't that the competitor to the 470 when regarding becoming olympic?
Hehe, we managed to run my 470 at about 15 knots without spinnaker - that was really fun!
Yeah I also got infected by the windsurfers :-)

Andy: Cool! What was your route? And which of the guys on the picture are you?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds