XHC-HB04 wireless MPG pendant HAL module

More
03 Jul 2013 05:03 #36254 by f1oat
I do not know world mode: how can I activate it to investigate the issue on my setup ?

And there is another thing, as I need to run my machine in World mode, which disables incremental steps, so the only possibility to jog is in continuous mode, where jog wheel has no function for now ... any solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2013 16:55 #36265 by andypugh

I do not know world mode: how can I activate it to investigate the issue on my setup ?

Try running one of the robot configurations. The Puma ons is good, as you get a 3D model of the simulated machine.

You can switch from joint mode to world mode with the $ key.
The following user(s) said Thank You: f1oat

More
03 Jul 2013 17:01 #36266 by andypugh

Now, there is a configuration file to define the layout and associated HAL pins.

This might be over-elaborate. I would not be at all surprised to find that the button mapping changes randomly as they bring out different versions.

I would be tempted to simply call the buttons button-01, button-02 and so on, and then leave it to the integrator to figure out which physical button is which, and which function they want to give it in HAL.

More
03 Jul 2013 20:36 #36271 by tommy

Thank you for the table about buttons mapping, that helps a lot.
I have uploaded the V03 to the wiki.
Now, there is a configuration file to define the layout and associated HAL pins.
New command line options, see first line of xhc-hb04.hal.
There is no more xhc-hb04.simu executable. The xhc-hb04 can run both in simulation mode or as a HAL module (-H flag).
The xhc-hb04-layout2.ini should be ok for you.
g++ is used instead of gcc: hope there is no compilation issue on your side.
Frederic.

Thank you for your effort!
I might need some help or just for checking if I did right ...
for compilation, I did same as for previous version (make, make install), no errors there ... what I did change is in hal to xhc-hb04-layout2.ini, but when I run linuxcnc I get error on:
Debug file information:
Can not find -sec MOT -var MOT -num 1
Can not find -sec IO -var IO -num 1
Can not find -sec LINUXCNC -var NML_FILE -num 1
Can not find -sec EMC -var NML_FILE -num 1
xhc-hb04.hal:45: Pin 'xhc-hb04.button-x0' does not exist

xhc-hb04-layout2.ini file is placed in same folder as rest of hal and ini files for my machine config.

More
03 Jul 2013 23:54 - 03 Jul 2013 23:55 #36280 by f1oat

Thank you for your effort!
I might need some help or just for checking if I did right ...
for compilation, I did same as for previous version (make, make install), no errors there ... what I did change is in hal to xhc-hb04-layout2.ini, but when I run linuxcnc I get error on:
Debug file information:
Can not find -sec MOT -var MOT -num 1
Can not find -sec IO -var IO -num 1
Can not find -sec LINUXCNC -var NML_FILE -num 1
Can not find -sec EMC -var NML_FILE -num 1
xhc-hb04.hal:45: Pin 'xhc-hb04.button-x0' does not exist

xhc-hb04-layout2.ini file is placed in same folder as rest of hal and ini files for my machine config.

You will need to delete erroneous lines in xhc-hb04.hal because there are no X=0, Y=0 and Z=0 buttons on your MPG.
Frederic.
Last edit: 03 Jul 2013 23:55 by f1oat.

More
04 Jul 2013 01:30 #36287 by tommy

You will need to delete erroneous lines in xhc-hb04.hal because there are no X=0, Y=0 and Z=0 buttons on your MPG.
Frederic.

I was checking wrong ini... :blush:

So, I ran trough all buttons, if they have correct addresses and noticed that for Macro-2 is not 08 but 0B, probably my attached picture was a bit to small and hard to read ... all the rest is OK! So this version of device should be now fully functional under linuxcnc!

More
04 Jul 2013 02:37 #36289 by f1oat

I was checking wrong ini... :blush:

So, I ran trough all buttons, if they have correct addresses and noticed that for Macro-2 is not 08 but 0B, probably my attached picture was a bit to small and hard to read ... all the rest is OK! So this version of device should be now fully functional under linuxcnc!

Thank you for the report. That is a very good news !
Frederic.

More
04 Jul 2013 02:50 #36290 by f1oat

This might be over-elaborate. I would not be at all surprised to find that the button mapping changes randomly as they bring out different versions.

I would be tempted to simply call the buttons button-01, button-02 and so on, and then leave it to the integrator to figure out which physical button is which, and which function they want to give it in HAL.

Yes, good suggestion. I have not chosen this option because I was not sure about the number of bits used for button coding on all MPG we can find on the market. I have implemented 8 bits, so 256 potential buttons. Lets wait for users feedbacks to see if only 4 bits are used !
Frederic.

More
04 Jul 2013 05:11 #36293 by f1oat
@andypugh: thanks, puma config has been useful for solving the issue
@tommy: I have uploaded V04 with support for world mode. You will find a dedicated .hal file. Please, be careful with this new release because I have not been able to test on a real machine !
Frederic.

More
04 Jul 2013 15:06 #36299 by tommy

@andypugh: thanks, puma config has been useful for solving the issue
@tommy: I have uploaded V04 with support for world mode. You will find a dedicated .hal file. Please, be careful with this new release because I have not been able to test on a real machine !
Frederic.

I have tested it, and jog in world mode is very nonlinear, like it would be loosing steps from jog wheel.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds