hidconfig lcd problem

More
12 Dec 2019 16:44 #152549 by porshe
Replied by porshe on topic hidconfig lcd problem
I’m sorry I didn't write right away. I got sick. There are no errors anymore. I wrote the name of the ini file incorrectly. All the same, Lcd doesn't work. What else could it be?
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2019 04:31 #152642 by ftkalcevic
Replied by ftkalcevic on topic hidconfig lcd problem
There is another error in the log...
2019/12/12 10:32:03.935,20223,1,emcinterface.cpp:302,Error,hidcomp,EmcInterface,The size of the EMC_STAT buffer mismatches. This is probably because hidcomp is not compiled for it.

That means the binaries for hidcomp have been compiled against a different version of linuxcnc.

You'll need to re-compile hidcomp against the source code of linuxcnc you are running against.

More
16 Dec 2019 11:12 #152725 by porshe
Recompiled linuxcnc 2.6 from source. Version hidcomp 1.7. I still get this error if I enter "net relative-x halui.axis.0.pos-relative => hidcomp.0.LCD.in-float-1". Everything else works well (buttons, encoders, joysticks). Looks like something in pathpilot is blocking the output of FLOAT data. Is there any other way to output data to lcd?

More
17 Dec 2019 21:25 #152817 by ftkalcevic

I still get this error if I enter "net relative-x halui.axis.0.pos-relative => hidcomp.0.LCD.in-float-1".

Just clarifying - you still get this error? - "The size of the EMC_STAT buffer mismatches. This is probably because hidcomp is not compiled for it."

If that is the case, you need to compile hidcomp against the same linuxcnc source code that your are running - that is, the path pilot linuxcnc source? Are doing that?

More
19 Dec 2019 16:56 #152915 by porshe
I can’t compile Hidcomp 1.7 for LINUXCNC - 2.6.0~pre. I get an error. For LINUXCNC - 2.6.0 it compiles well, but the Pathpilot is built on LINUXCNC - 2.6.0~pre.

More
20 Dec 2019 00:47 #152933 by ftkalcevic
I've created a new branch in the hidcomp repository called v2.6, which should work with your version - I wasn't able to get a copy of v2.6.0~pre, only v2.6.0~pre1, which should be close enough.

I'm assuming you built from the source from github.com/ftkalcevic/hidcomp

Just refresh the source code - git pull
Then switch branches - git checkout v2.6
And follow the build instructions (probably just make clean, then make).

If you didn't get it from there, clone the repository - git clone github.com/ftkalcevic/hidcomp.git
Then switch branches, etc

I've compiled the code, but don't have a test system to run on.

More
20 Dec 2019 06:18 - 20 Dec 2019 06:20 #152936 by porshe
There is a big difference between 2.6.0 ~ pre and 2.6.0 ~ pre1. I could compile 2.6.0 ~ pre1 earlier without errors. Here is a direct link to 2.6.0~pre

Thank you for your patience and work.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2019 06:20 by porshe.

More
21 Dec 2019 05:55 #152987 by ftkalcevic
There is another branch in my repository, v2.6.0-pre0

This wasn't build against the link you gave me - the contents of the VERSION file in the root directory says 2.5.0~pre

So I ended up getting the repository from the commit that changed VERSION - git checkout 6f3211f6795c3744c088097be00a851f776f67ff .

That required changes - going from linuxcnc back to emc.

(I lost my change history moving from sourceforge to github).

More
21 Dec 2019 16:02 #153001 by porshe
Recompiled. In linuxcnc everything works. In the Pathpilot I get an error.

More
22 Dec 2019 02:21 #153012 by ftkalcevic
Ok, finally some progress...

The issue was the source code for the tormach machines is a fork of the linuxcnc source at about 2.6. They have their own repository (somewhere) where they have been updating some of the core changes from the linuxcnc repository.

So, to get hidcomp to work, you need to build against the tormach source. Luckily, there is an tar file available with tormach version 1.8.2 - forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/29983-notes...ot-1-8-2-source-code

1.8.2 appears to be compatible - my simple lcd test worked with X/Z position, spindle rpm, feed rate.

Use the v2.6 branch of hidcomp.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds