Help getting started Kinematics

More
29 May 2015 22:41 #59192 by furkanyilmaz11

I am planning to use this kinematic file kvarc.extra.hu/step/motor/emc/emckinematics.html

Did you change the kinematics in your HAL file? (ie, does your HAL file contain the line "loadrt deltakins"

If it does, then do you see joint numbers rather than axis letters when you start LinuxCNC?
If that is the case then you simply need to switch out of "Joint mode" and into "world mode" which in the Axis GUI is a menu option, or you can use the keyboard shortcut "$" (if you have that on your keyboard)

Hi,

Thank you very much for reply.

I didnt change my hal file. I just follow the vincent's step. Could you write all steps? I think this steps is not complete steps to install. Or I am missing something because of my bad english.

So could you tell me all steps to follow.

What I did is;

I installed dev package
I installed kinematic file.(sudo comp install xx.c)
I open my mill configuration(working) but everything was same.
I am gonna add "loadrt xx.c" line to my hal file.But I am not sure about is that gui interface ok to control robot?

If you can tell me the steps. I can do all of steps and write the results. But please dont tell me a something like just add your kinematic file to your HAL. Because I have no idea about how to do that.
I tried to read the configurators manual and hal manual but its hard to understand for me.

Could you just tell me the all steps after installation from a live cd and updates?

Thank you very much and sorry about my bad english.

Note:I am planning to take a complete tutorial video after its done. Because its really hard to configurate for new users like me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2015 23:02 #59193 by furkanyilmaz11
And when I press the $ as a hotkey. I cant seeing the joints. In my basic working configuration.

About one of the ready configs(scara):
But I can seeing the joints at scara configuration(ready conf in examples). And when I press the $ in scara conf I am taking an error about homing. But its already homed. When I press the home all button there is a window telling me a all axises homed already and I am clicking ok button to home again. But when I press $ again same error like homing cycle needed! I couldnt understand anything if somebody help me in my first config I can learn so much thing because thats the hardest part to start linuxcnc.

More
29 May 2015 23:06 #59194 by OOOVincentOOO
Hello,

The stepconf. File is only usable for the KK1000S.

www.cnc4all.at/unsere-produkte/product/view/1/1.html

I am just a simple user of LinuxCNC. I have made a adapted kinetics for compensation of x axis bending (for amusement, milling the table flat is more easy). The topic I started handles "custom" made kinetics files.

It looks like you have a completely different system. I am convinced "default" existing kinetics files are available for your type of machine. The steps I mentioned are not relevant, the kinetics file already is implemented in the code. You only need to change the reference in your *.hal file.

Regards,

Vince
The following user(s) said Thank You: furkanyilmaz11

More
29 May 2015 23:21 #59195 by furkanyilmaz11
Could you check my files?
Attachments:

More
29 May 2015 23:36 #59196 by andypugh

I didnt change my hal file. I just follow the vincent's step. .

Not all of them, his post says

Step 8:
Open the HAL file referenced to by your own INI file replace the name: loadrt trivkins with loadrt my_new_kins

So, you need "loadrt deltakins" rather than "loadrt trivkins"
The following user(s) said Thank You: furkanyilmaz11

More
30 May 2015 00:06 - 30 May 2015 00:30 #59197 by furkanyilmaz11

I didnt change my hal file. I just follow the vincent's step. .

Not all of them, his post says

Step 8:
Open the HAL file referenced to by your own INI file replace the name: loadrt trivkins with loadrt my_new_kins

So, you need "loadrt deltakins" rather than "loadrt trivkins"

Ok. I miss it because of my english :) Thank you for your understanding

Right now I changed it. I can seeing joints and xyz when I press the $.
I homed all joints. And I wrote g00y10 to mdi.
There are some errors;

Exceed soft limit on joint1(Where is the settings for softlimits for enable/disable softlimits and set the safe area? Should I set this from ini file?)
Joint 0 following error(I am not sure about this error but probably after first error, software disabled the axis movements and because of it joint didnt go to the position isnt it?)
Joint 1 following error
Joint 2 following error
And toggle machine power turning off.

And one more thing now linux is more slower in xyz jog mode. Is it probably because of my kinematic calculations need more processor performance. its easy to change if the problem is about processor...

What do you suggest?

Thank you so much again.Its looking I am so close to my target. And in the same time I think I am now starting to understand hal and ini files. :)
Last edit: 30 May 2015 00:30 by furkanyilmaz11.

More
30 May 2015 01:12 #59199 by andypugh

Exceed soft limit on joint1(Where is the settings for softlimits for enable/disable softlimits and set the safe area? Should I set this from ini file?)

Yes.

Rather confusingly (and it will be fixed eventually) AXIS_X sets the limits for joint 0, AXIS_Y for joint 1 and so on through XYZABCUVW.

More
30 May 2015 03:08 #59204 by furkanyilmaz11

Yes.

Rather confusingly (and it will be fixed eventually) AXIS_X sets the limits for joint 0, AXIS_Y for joint 1 and so on through XYZABCUVW.

Ok I changed limits to +999/-999 and right now there are no errors about softlimits.
Now the errors is:

joint 0 following error
joint 1 following error
joint 2 following error

What that following error means? Is that software looking for an encoder signal or something like that? If it is I cant get the encoder pulses in because I have just five inputs and thats not enough to take encoder pulses in. I want to use software with just pulse and dir output, so in open loop for drive to controller communucation.

And in the ini file the axises looking linear? There are two axis type in my configuration joint and linear.So in the ini file joints looking linear is it correct? And Why the software giving following error?
What is your suggest?

Thank you...

More
30 May 2015 06:00 #59214 by LucBah
Hi Vincent,

first thank you for your configuration, find mine in exchange attached for you to compare.

Adjusting the machine-kinematics to compensate for eventual misalignment is a really nice feature I have not used so far so thank you already now, but first I have to get a good micrometer-measurement-tool and then I can integrate your suggestion.

Milling the table "flat" (well as flat as it gets on this machine we could say) helps with soft materials as you suggested, but make it through kinematics even more "flat" will be crucial for harder stocks.

Best regards,
Lucas
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellmood

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds