rs485 huanyang speed control

More
30 Jun 2018 17:08 #113137 by andypugh
Halmeter, Halscope and Halshow are extremely useful tools.

You can add them all to the HAL file too, if you want.

loadusr halmeter -s pin vfd.speed-command

For example will always load a small halmeter showing that pin.

I have a couple on my lathe config that are now irrelevant and annoying. I should remove them. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrendaEM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2018 18:32 - 30 Jun 2018 18:53 #113140 by BrendaEM
I rechecked the VFD to make sure it is set to accept commands from the communication port.
I commented out the classic ladder stuff in the .hal. It runs no different, so at some point I guess I can remove it.
The Axis Spindle Override slider also has no authority over the spindle.
Oddly, the Axis Spindle Speed indicator reads from 0 to 3000. Hmm.

Probing HAL Meter signals while adjusting the spindle speed using the + and - ....

1.) The spindle-at-speed remains false.

2.) The spindle-command-rpm and spindle-command-rpm-abs jumps from 1 to 101 then progresses as increase to 3000 and beyond the GUI indicator. Interesting.

3.) The spindle-command-rps and spindle-command-rps-abs jumps from .016666x and progresses as increase. I am assuming that these are a rev per sec.

Looking at the VFD display as the motor is activated, the frequency remains at 110 hz (my chosen minimum) and the RPM at 6600.

I read what you wrote about frequency scaling, and perhaps the frequency needs to be scaled, but before I do that I will need to learn whether the VFD driver is sending frequency requests or RPM, and also look into why others have not had this problem.
Last edit: 30 Jun 2018 18:53 by BrendaEM.

More
30 Jun 2018 19:00 - 30 Jun 2018 20:33 #113141 by BrendaEM
Eureka!!! I found the problem!!!

Donning safety google, because I am now sitting pretty close to the spindle, I energized the system, and launched LinuxCNC...

While probing the spindle-command-rpm-abs signal, I clicked on the RPM increase until I got over 6600. As soon as I passed it, the motor RPM went up, and the at-speed indicator finally went green. : )

The system was sending correctly scaled RPM commands, but the sent speed was lower than the user-set VFD minimum, so that is what it was giving me. (Apparently, Huanyang air-cooled spindles motors don't like running under 110Hz, the water-cooled ones below 100hz, so I had indeed set those values.)

Editing the custompanel.xml control, changing the 3000 to 24000, fixed the visual widget issue.

The too-many-clicks issue was lessened by editing the .ini [DISPLAY] section, adding:
DEFAULT_SPINDLE_SPEED = 6600
Ref: forum.linuxcnc.org/21-axis/34056-spindle...nimum-starting-value

Though, the build code would have to be changed in Axis to change the increments, from what I have read, which likely should have been a ini variable.

I've removed all the classic ladder and PWM statements from my .hal.

Thank you all who helped me : )
Last edit: 30 Jun 2018 20:33 by BrendaEM.

More
30 Jun 2018 21:19 #113145 by andypugh
Use MDI and M3 commands to set the spindle speed directly.

Normally the correct spindle speed will be set by the G-code.

M3 S20000
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrendaEM

More
01 Jul 2018 01:23 - 01 Jul 2018 01:36 #113149 by BrendaEM
I thought my first cut would be manual, but I used NativeCam to cut a pocket in a scrap of plywood.
It made chips! :woohoo:

Thank you again!
Last edit: 01 Jul 2018 01:36 by BrendaEM.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds