halcopile problem / new ubunu 14.04 installation

More
01 Dec 2016 15:35 - 01 Dec 2016 15:36 #83527 by bkt
so I've try to make debian pakage with userspace rtai option ... with 2 error ... so I cancell all and try to userpace onli ... same 2 error....
rned exit code 2
make: *** [binary-arch] Errore 2
dpkg-buildpackage: Errore: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status

the rules file attach

File Attachment:

File Name: rules.txt
File Size:4 KB

so now cancell for 10° time the linuxcnc-dev folder and re-run usual dance with git..... linuxcnc-dev...

regards
giorgio
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Dec 2016 15:36 by bkt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2016 09:20 #83562 by bkt
I have some problem with ubuntu 14.04 and Lcnc Master .... so I install debian 7 iso .... on new ssd ....
my kins compile fine, my custom comp compile fine .... but my config not start at all .... not find

NOTE: my config came from 1 year of perfect working on ubuntu 10.04 ja9 ....

So I think: ok Lcnc 2.7.8 is not able to recognise joint vs. axes .... so I've upgrade to MASTER ..... surprise, surprise...:laugh:

mykustom kins compile fine ....
K1MbServer.comp only if cancel row about option singleton at all .....

but When try to run my config obtain these error:
Warning: Spoiler!

or my config is write in wrong way for new master (probabily yes) .... or there are a problem (I hope I'm in wrong).... any how singleton problem is on MASTER BRANCH ....

Regards
Giorgio

More
02 Dec 2016 10:32 #83566 by andypugh
I think this is probably a fault in your custom component C-code. Possibly in one of the changes you have made to make it compile.

You could try to decode:
[  762.490810] milltask[4598]: segfault at 0 ip 0808a62f sp bfd6b070 error 4 in milltask[8048000+66000]
using the instructions here
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/docs/rtfaults.txt

But I think it is probably simpler to _not_ use "option singleton" and accept that the HAL pin names will have ".0." in the middle (possibly using the HAL "alias" command to work round this)
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man1/halcmd.1.html

Best of all, if you can find out where the problem is in halcompile you could help us fix the bug. However I have had a look and it isn't obvious. The problem seems to be that "option userspace" over-rides "option singleton" in one section of halcompile.g (github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...l/utils/halcompile.g )
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
02 Dec 2016 11:49 #83569 by bkt
I can do these ... but:

1- after 1 hour of working my debian 7 freeze .... driver problem ... I'know debian have some of these problem... because the distro is "too stable" (I know many bebian users will hate me for this but unfortunately for the few experiences I've done seems to me that "stable" means "old" ...)
2- my comp is now only without singleton ... and the error that I've been posted came from config with comp DISABLE.
3- my config have CUSTOMKINS.C + CUSTOMCOMP.COMP => in these way CUSTOMKINS.C + CUSTOMCOMP.COMP IT WORKS ON UBUNTU 14.04 BUT NOT IN DEBIAN 7....... see previous post for error at start..
4- on ubuntu 14.04 I've just test the robot with 16hour of working ... but without custom comp and with axis gui ....
5- actually I try to understand because I'm not able to make deb pakage from ubuntu, and because I'm not able to compile k1MbServer.comp..... for shure I can work around halcompile after I've unterstand because Lcnc it seems to not work with uint16 ... in fact the errors I get are all related to the features relative of use pointer and uint16.... ( I'Have some pc with libmodbus 3.1.2 and ubuntu14.04 installed and perfect working)..
Actually is 3 days that work around these problem ... I hope I can solve these today ....

Regards
Giorgio

More
21 Dec 2016 17:48 #84504 by bkt
there are not problem with modbus library path .... is problem with compiler option & modbus path on my pc (work ok with cc -Wall ..... But not with gcc ....) .... Definitively my comp works in these way ... mycomp.0.mypin .... but In these xmax holiday I work on these too .....

regards
Giorgio

More
26 Jan 2017 19:11 - 03 Feb 2017 18:43 #86732 by bkt
So .... my libmodbus path problem is solved install libmodbus5 from repo .... than install libmodbus 1.4 from libmodbus.org git repo ... than install linuxcnc master ....

NOTE: on linuxfoundation.org I see an advice about old kernel (pre 4.8) about timing ... so I decide to try install ubuntu 14.04 with new kernel rt 4.8.15rt10 .... gcc is at 5.4 version

The performance of latency is really better than onld rt 4.5/4.4 .... at the same elapse time the plot is 10 time thin than the older one at the same hardware ....

Now my comp compile with option singleton=no .... some error is correct because some pin name (on off) is too similar to other Lcnc pin so the "parser" in halcompile see it as error ...

with a little 'patience I see if I can sort it out and finally use singleton = yes option...

AFTER 15 MIN ONLY BLUETOOTH, ETH, WIRELESS CONNECTION AND GLXGEARS..

AFTER 1 HOUR WITH GLXGEARS, OPEN AND CLOSE GHAPHICAL PROG. AS INKSCAPE, SCHERMATA, SHOWTELL....

so .... is not good for parport stepgen config .... but good for fpga servo config ...

i add latency histogram ... for share memory ... (these time the result is better than last rt-preempt ubuntu installation)

Regards
Giorgio
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Feb 2017 18:43 by bkt.

More
06 Feb 2017 15:27 - 06 Feb 2017 15:35 #87403 by bkt
My I3 3.3Ghz system on ubuntu 14.04 rt 4.8.15 after add isolcpius 0,1 in GRAB_DEFAULT ...line .. and after DISABLE hiperthreading for cpu in bios setting ... the performance improove ... actualli ubuntu 14.04 is near to become capable to make a stepper control system ....

AFTER 8h OF 4 YOUTUBE VIDEO ON F22 AND F35 ...

WITH 8 GLXGEARS RUN ...

2 things .... the performance of ubuntu 16.04 is better near ubuntu 14.04 so I suspect I re-compile the kernel rt-prreempt on ubuntu 16-04 with xfce or other wm with lower resource consumption the perfermance of base thread become aceptble....

I think the next installation was to linux mint 18 .....

regards
Giorgio
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Feb 2017 15:35 by bkt.

More
08 Feb 2017 08:06 - 08 Feb 2017 08:20 #87518 by bkt
whit xfce, same kernel, SO and hardware, the situation is a little better ... after 8h with all connection activated (bluetooth, wifi, eth...) and 2 glxgears (1 in a big windows 1/4 of the 24" screen) the latency is these...

but after 14h the result is a little more better ...

but with unity the base thread in 14h become 78000 .....

latency --nobase it seems stable and plot update not change (with 1 glxgears and with 8 it seems the same) ... but respect unity I see 1E5 ordered line ... almost two units more...

with 8 glxgears the situation not change..

so it seems that: xfce have a better latency but in a long period of test the final test result does not change much ... then the thread basic salt always above 50000, a little 'better for xfce (58000) a bit' worse for unity ( has also risen to 78000 but also was using youtube .... I do not know if it's worth).

Regards
Giorgio
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Feb 2017 08:20 by bkt.

More
08 Feb 2017 13:21 #87542 by bkt
So I try to disable isolcpus (and hyperthreading in bios stay off) ... and xfce improve it performance ....

after 1 hour 8glxgears.... (and not it update new value from 20min)..

... after 4 h .... 4glxgears

and after only 30 min of 4glxgears + youtube ....

I hope these help.
giorgio
Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2017 08:23 #87637 by bkt
The last test...-. ubuntu 14.04 xfce kern 4.8.15 rt10 .. 1000hz disable bios hyperthreading, acpi .... no-isolcpus (cpu interl i3 ... without video card ... only integrated)... after 14h of work with 4 glxgears ....

Regards
Giorgio
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds