Mesa & Modbus

More
27 May 2018 15:59 #111189 by billykid
Replied by billykid on topic Mesa & Modbus
if it can help you this worked on my cnc. now I changed everything.
the type of card does not matter to me. calls to these files and an xor are sufficient.
regards
Mauro
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2018 16:37 #111191 by DanMN
Replied by DanMN on topic Mesa & Modbus
Here is the final product that worked for me. It was all shamelessly stolen from the posts linked below. The first post is a stepwise command line walkthru of basic connection testing, the second is the configuration I copied and updated for the changes to LCNC and HY_VFD driver. You'll need to comb through it and edit the connections to match your configuration, but this should be a decent roadmap. I've stripped each file down to just the parts relevant to VFD control and display.

Note: The files define far more than basic spindle connection -- there's a glade panel that puts a very nice speed display tab in the Axis GUI. You can use it or not, but you'll have to pick it apart yourself. I barely remember what it took to get to this point, so good luck in the hunt.

Thanks to:

andypugh:
forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/24-hal-componen...c-2-7?start=40#62567

cncnoob:
forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/292...c-2-7?start=50#70093
The following user(s) said Thank You: Totalschaden1997

More
28 May 2018 05:03 #111212 by rusmannx
Replied by rusmannx on topic Mesa & Modbus
Thank you to both of you. I'll get busy, and post again when there is something to update.

More
28 May 2018 06:43 #111217 by rusmannx
Replied by rusmannx on topic Mesa & Modbus
It's working!
Thanks for the files guys. The problem ended up being in the main HAL file, but I don't have it narrowed down just yet. I basically disabled a bunch of lines and it's working, and now I need to go through it all line by line and see what can stay and what can go.

More
03 Jun 2018 17:08 #111526 by DanMN
Replied by DanMN on topic Mesa & Modbus
If I recall my struggle correctly, it had to do with catching all the changes between the example configurations (older) and the deprecated commands in the newest hy_vfd driver, as well as getting the right motion connection to the driver. This is the last change I made before mine finally worked:

net spindle-speed-cmd motion.spindle-speed-out-abs => spindle-vfd.speed-command
net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm-abs => spindle-vfd.spindle-speed-fb

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds