Creating a HAL component for a Baruffaldi RH150 lathe turret ATC

More
19 Nov 2020 19:13 #189807 by jonnydeen
Hi all,
I am still very much a newcomer to linuxcnc having migrated from the darkest depth of mach3.
Might seem a tad optimistic but i enjoy the challenge. i believe i need to create a component to control my lathe turret. the rest of the machine conversion i'm happy enough to get on with but this i need some pointers on.
i currently have the electrical manual for the turret which includes detailed logic and timing diagrams and i have been sent config files (including hal, ini and tc component) from a machine running a similar turret by Filipe at eusurplus.
where do i start to learn more about writing and editing components? specifically in layman's terms that a simpleton like me can manage. i would prefer not to just have it done for me as i genuinely would like to learn.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Jonny.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2020 19:53 #189812 by mydani
Hi Jonny,

maybe look at two examples, I can provide 2 different changers.

This is a lathe turret changer (one direction only):
github.com/mydani/linuxcnc_misc/blob/main/emcochanger.comp
This is a disc changer on a mill:
github.com/mydani/linuxcnc_misc/blob/main/ac20changer.comp

The important command is "halcompile --install <yourfile.comp>".
Afterwards loadrt <yourcomp> in the hal and you are there...

Regards

Daniel

More
19 Nov 2020 20:29 #189817 by jonnydeen
cheers daniel, i'm having a look at it now. does your emcochanger.comp really use m6 rather than txxxx? or is that just an error in the comments?
the comments are very useful btw thanks.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds