whb04b-6 - pin does not exist

More
10 Jun 2022 12:09 #244867 by mittim
Hi,I want to run my WHB04B-6 pendant. Installed and compiled everything according to talla83. Everything worked fine.Communication with the handwheel via terminal also works. running "halrun" and loading "loadusr xhc-whb04b-6 -ue" it transfers data such as "selected axis".

To my problem: When starting LinuxCNC with defined pins, such as "whb.halui.joint.x.select", it returns an error "pin whb.halui.joint.x.select does not exist" and won´t start LinuxCNC. When only loading the xhc-whb04b-6 component, it shows the pins in my hal whb configuration. Any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2022 13:02 #244868 by chris@cnc
I guess you should enable in *.hal line 64 whb.halui.machine.is-on. Without this pin is your whb switch off.
# Connect emergency stop signals
net  pdnt.machine.is-on                  halui.machine.is-on                whb.halui.machine.is-on
net  pdnt.machine.on                     whb.halui.machine.on               halui.machine.on
net  pdnt.machine.off                    whb.halui.machine.off              halui.machine.off

More
10 Jun 2022 13:06 #244869 by mittim
I did that, then it shows the error: "pin whb.halui.machine.is-on does not exist".

More
10 Jun 2022 14:26 #244872 by chris@cnc
I would try to load *.hal files in new order. [HAL]
HALUI = halui
HALFILE = test_2.hal
HALFILE = xhc-whb04b-6.hal
HALFILE = custom.hal
POSTGUI_HALFILE = postgui_call_list.hal
POSTGUI_HALFILE = spindle_to_pyvcp.hal
SHUTDOWN = shutdown.hal

More
10 Jun 2022 14:54 #244874 by mittim
I changed the order. That´s the error message log from LinuxCNC:
Attachments:

More
10 Jun 2022 15:32 #244878 by chris@cnc
No idea, Hard to read this debug message. 
Try to run in terminal and show what is print or set up higher debug level in ini file. 
What is doing custom.hal?
And error message claim line 22. But in your posted hal line 22 is unused.
so double check to your working folder... 
failed to claim interface./xhc-whb04b-6.hal:22: Pin 'whb.halui.joint.x.select' does not exist

More
10 Jun 2022 15:42 #244879 by mittim
It claimed line 22, as just before I was more unused lines in xhc-whb04b-6.hal. Sorry for that. It is refering to:
"net pdnt.axis.x.select whb.halui.axis.x.select halui.axis.x.select"

I will check for custom.hal.
For your suggestions to run in terminal, I will do that!

More
10 Jun 2022 16:05 #244881 by mittim
When running in terminal with different component-functions, that´s what I get. It seems, the problem starts, when the component is started with "-H" as Hal-mode.

More
10 Jun 2022 17:23 #244888 by chris@cnc
Is there any reason why compile this comp? Usually work this more or less out of the box. I used in 2.8. and 2.9. without any trouble. I also pull out the receiver and linuxcnc start up without any message. So there maybe something wrong with your installation
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittim

More
10 Jun 2022 17:27 - 10 Jun 2022 17:29 #244889 by mittim
I did not know this comp is included already. Maybe I will delete my linuxcnc and pull master branch new.

I can remeber, there was already a BIN file in the /usr/bin directory with the same name as the one, I was compiling according to talla83. Maybe that screwed up something.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2022 17:29 by mittim.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds